Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NV's 04 Z Series Clubsport

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
OK, plans for this thing May have just changed,,, completely,, watch this space :p

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
ok this thing is starting to give me a serious case of the trots,,, every time it does a decent trip and warms up it starts pissing out coolant,
I've replaced the radiator, hoses, radiator cap, and various other things shy of tearing out the water pump,,, so have decided once i get home from this stint away at work it's going into the shop,, need to get the cooling system beyond 100% before i even contemplate starting what i have planned for this car

any ideas or thoughts on what could casue it to hemirage constantly would be greatly aprreciated, are the radiators to small volume and dimensions wise to accomadate for the alloy 6 litre? or were the vz's plagued with cooling issues that the vt-x-u-y didn't have?

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
wooooo, finally got the cooling system sorted, turned out to be an air bubble hiding at the back of the block,, no more river of coolant after going for a drive

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Glad you found your problem, how did you find what itwas and fix it?
When ever my cooling system has been opened for what ever reason I like to park the car on an uphill incline or the front up on ramps and let the engine warm up to operating temp just idling and then let it cool completely down say over night and that usually avoids those air trapped problems.
My cap recently died and I found the revervior kept filling up higher and higher each day yet wouldn't siphon back when car cooled down, new cap fixed the problem

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
A good mate suggested that exact thing... so the clubby got jacked up and warmed up :)
now just to get the backlash tightened on the diff to stop the horrible grinding noise during slow cornering

then for the fun stuff to begin, starting with clutch, rip shifter and the cam thats sitting at home, which will also include mafless tune and possible duspeed,

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
ok so the cooling system keeps developing air bubbles and causing high temps,, so looks like the water pump and thermostat will be the next things replaced as I think the pump might be cavatating causing the air pockets, well thats my theory, also looking into getting my lsd rebuilt, will be sticking with the 3.7's as they seem to be a decent set of gears for the size of the car, plus with all the mods I won't want anything higher that'll cause traction issues
after that I'll be chasing down all the parts for a total engine rebuild,, block will be torn out and cleaned up, heads will be either flowed or after market ones sourced, looking at either scat or lunati 402ci stroker kit, add to that my 228/232 cam, 25% under drive kit, full exhaust (4-1 extractors, 100 cpsi cats, straight through twin 3 stainless system with varex muffler at the rear) otr would love a du speed but will settle for a normal otr to begin with, but will be in constant talks with an engine builder as to whats the best route with everythingas far as specs are concerned and what can be done safely without stressing parts to much, as eventually it will be recieving a Harrop htv2300 to top things off :)

God I love my job :p

Last edited:

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
Just realised there are no pics of this thing in here of it riding on the gts rims so figured I should put some up

Driverssidesideon01_zpsbb060ff4.jpg

passengerside01_zpsf52779d0.jpg

believe it or not they are 20's,, last pic makes them look like 18's,, maybe needs some lowering :/

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
Also if anyone is keen, could I get someone to photoshop the gts rims white, and another done with black,, and if you;re really keen a set of white pentagons aswell as a friend is looking to offload his and am highly considering it

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
WOW, it's been a while,
Anyway, it's time to make an update, cooling system is completely fixed, 2 rads, a water pump, new hoses, thermostat and all new clamps later,, not sure what caused it but don't really care now that it's done,

Next on the list is to upgrade the headlights, going to be putting HID's in as i'm sick of driving by candle light,
what I need to know is, if I upgrade the H11's in the low beam is it worth upgrading the h9's in the highs and then do I also need to upgrade the fogs (don't really get used that often think they have been on twice in the 2 years I've had the car)

and it's also booked in to get the diff looked at and fixed on Monday, looking at doing a true trac and new gears, old mate recommends 4.11's what kind of difference would that make going from the standard 3.46 ratio?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
4.11's will make it heaps more quicker off the line and will rev higher @100k's

theyre a good burnout diff ratio

if it was me, i wouldnt be looking at 4.11's, id be more looking at 3.7's or 3.9's so its not revving its tits off at 100ks and will give you a higher top end speed while still having good acceleration