Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD Readers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I wouldn’t be too bothered with Tis2Web as GM is closing it down mid to late 2021. So you may go through a lot of effort to get it to work only to have GM slam the door in your face some months from now :eek:

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=13919

The real question is what does Tis2Web provide that GDS2 doesn’t AND will Techline Connect* ultimately replace GDS2 as well? What does this mean for VXDIAG (and its inbuilt subscription?

All this makes a mockery of the bullshite that Holden/GM presented to the ACCc enquiry about 3rd party (including owners) access to systems to diagnose and reprogram modules on Holden vehicles. It’s a moving goal post and who knows where it will end before GM things our legacy Holden’s aren’t worth any support...

If ACCC really cared, they’d have pushed for legislation to require access to technical bulletins, and such other information as can be found within the USA NHTSA... and firmware files so these vehicles can be kept on the road for more than 10 years...

Don't know about you guys but I expect more than 10 years out of my cars... Is it possible we can create our own repository of GM firmware?

* who thinks up these acronyms, TLC from GM, give me a break :p:p:p

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
7D5C6B6C-C651-49C9-94D7-8B386A667A67.jpeg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Hahaha, in the USA you could also buy map updates on USB for owner self install.
Down under we must go to the dealer :eek:

Guess Holden thinks we aussies are way too dumb to handle such tasks ourselves.
So stop doing firmware updates... serious damage may occur (to dealers button line) :p:p:p

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
Hahaha, in the USA you could also buy map updates on USB for owner self install.
Down under we must go to the dealer :eek:

Guess Holden thinks we aussies are way too dumb to handle such tasks ourselves.
So stop doing firmware updates... serious damage may occur (to dealers button line) :p:p:p
Yeah we are dumb. Too many laws with ACCC that protect consumers that dealers don’t want to put up with.

also successfully updated the radio software, now has stitcher and pandora radio options (previously did not). Don’t think it had been updated at all since shipped in 2016. Will never use those services but I’ve heard there were some Bluetooth connectivity fixes done between 2016 and 2017.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
So after many days and hours..
I have finally gotten the Tech2 software to play nicely with the Nano and talk to the car..
Finally sussed out how to get on to the acdelcotds.com website, a VPN comes in handy here, so now have SPS ability.

NB:
Win 7 64bit VM guest on a Slackware Linux host
sps.jpg

Last edited:

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
What p
So after many days and hours..
I have finally gotten the Tech2 software to play nicely with the Nano and talk to the car..
Finally sussed out how to get on to the acdelcotds.com website, a VPN comes in handy here, so now have SPS ability.

NB:
Win 7 64bit VM guest on a Slackware Linux host
what programming module are you doing?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
So stupid ?, Amazon au has VXdiag VCX nano for GM/OPEL with GDS2 and Tech2win for $180 delivered. With the 1 vehicle $55 vehicle programing software from AC delco will I be able to perform service features, like EPB release/calibration, ABS bleed, steering angle reset etc ?
Or would a scan tool with service functions be better for the job.
For my M17 Redline.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
I bought one for my car, my mate said, " you will never use that " !..

He was right, it sat in the glove box until my car was broken into and stolen. Nice one it was to.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So stupid ?, Amazon au has VXdiag VCX nano for GM/OPEL with GDS2 and Tech2win for $180 delivered. With the 1 vehicle $55 vehicle programing software from AC delco will I be able to perform service features, like EPB release/calibration, ABS bleed, steering angle reset etc ?
Or would a scan tool with service functions be better for the job.
For my M17 Redline.

I think you only need the subscription for reprogramming modules, all the servicing functions should work.
I bought a 'stand alone' unit, a Vident iLink 400au, that does all the servicing functions, but wont reprogram modules.