Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
VN <----> smashed 20 year old car

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
19 year old car, geez get it right making more off parts than if i sold it complete so im happy

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
considering 2007 holdens were being sold in the middle of 2006...I'm still going for 20yo ;) and I'm glad you can still make $20 off the car :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
These Cars Must Be Fair Good We Buy And Sell A Tone Of Them

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
She'll be parked out front this friday!!

4 days to go :D Just in time for the weekend!! Wooo

I'll have some pics up when we get it

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
your dad will not be dissapointed with the forrester. mum has one and it is an awesome car to drive. its been lowered about 3 inches and has had an exhaust from the turbo back installed. it now handles and goes really well.

after having driven a liberty B4 twin turbo, a liberty GT turbo and a forrester turbo the choice is easy. my sisters GT feels like a slug when you take off. the B4 felt poor down low but as soon as the 2nd turbo kicked in it took off. and the forrester is great across the whole range.

if your dad is keen into his cars and is looking for performance upgrades then try liverpool exhausts. they built my oldies a system that sounds good (as good as a ricer can sound!) and (they claim) gives it around an extra 25-30 Kw. best part is, it fits the existing mounting points so the factory exhaust can be fitted in a snap.

one thing ive noticed is the factory 17 inch tyres are rubbish. they slide all over the place in the wet. my parents put new wheels on it and kept the tyres. they should have gone for bigger wheels... the 17s dont do it justice. it sits pretty after being lowered, i highly reccomend it.

over all, the XT is an awesome car... in my opinion it is better then the liberty, but judge for yourself.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah everyone reckons the stock rubber is shocking. But its good if you take it off road.

This one wont be doing much off road, maybe when we go on holidays or something... other that it wont be.

We've already booked the car in to get a tyre change the day after we pick up the car so its all good :D

And my dad is thinking about lowering, but he's not so keen on any exhaust work till after about 10,000ks, because of what he's heard from other forester owners (how it gets louder n deeper after 10,000ks apparently)

Personally, I prefered the libery, it looks much nicer inside and out, but the forester is still a nic car to look at, n feels great, plus we got the black leather, so i'm all good with it :D haha