Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR and custom tune

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Will run fine on 98 if the tune is done for 95.
That is good to know, that might be the way to go for me then. The guy at the tuner tod me he did one of these a couple of weeks ago but was tuned for 91 and it made 157rwkw before OTR and tune and around 185rwkw after.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I run 98, on my 6.0 extra cost is minimal. Even at 20c per litre it probably only costs me an extra $1 a day over 91. I just go for the best of what I can get. I pay $1.85 per litre but it's worth it.
I know who has the cheapest 98, and Coles and BP and Woolworths are $2.03 per litre so I avoid them. Ampol is about the cheapest 98 here but not all are that price, some are $2 a litre.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
I run 98, on my 6.0 extra cost is minimal. Even at 20c per litre it probably only costs me an extra $1 a day over 91. I just go for the best of what I can get. I pay $1.85 per litre but it's worth it.
I know who has the cheapest 98, and Coles and BP and Woolworths are $2.03 per litre so I avoid them. Ampol is about the cheapest 98 here but not all are that price, some are $2 a litre.
Oh wow, $2 a litre, do you live along the Nullarbor? Lol.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Just noticed on the OTR that I had installed yesterday that the rubber weather strip on the front underside of the bonnet has not been cut or removed, wouldn't this restrict airflow and power that the engine would make?
Has anyone else had one installed and the weather strip has stayed in place?

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Just noticed on the OTR that I had installed yesterday that the rubber weather strip on the front underside of the bonnet has not been cut or removed, wouldn't this restrict airflow and power that the engine would make?
Has anyone else had one installed and the weather strip has stayed in place?
Cut the middle section of the rubber between the 2 clips leaving around 1.5cm extra length on each end (approx 50cm from mem)

this will maximise the airflow cold air intake potential