Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OZtrack Tuning ( mail order ) Yay or Nay

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
This is just what I've been told by people. I'll look into the hand controller more. What are they worth?

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Just spoke to mate. He has the controller and said it still asks for the key code.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Yeah to see 'Oztracks' tune that is on it he will need the key code but he can still flash a Stock tune or any other unlocked tune over the top of it, So no need to get another PCM.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
It's a vz mate.

Wogboyz, wanna lend me ur autocal? So I can at least stop it from pinging.

I paid $1250 for Otr and mafless tune. Now he sells same thing with autocal for $1300... Go figure

Hey mate, i cant send ya my autocal as im in the middle of still using it to tune mine lol

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine was a email tune with no autocal.
How did you get the tune from your email account to your PCM without a autocal or v2 hand unit?

Ohhh i didnt know you could do that, email tune without the autocal, i paid the 300 for the autocal and went that way, how would he know what to change/fix without being able to see the info/logs of it all ect?

As far as I know you cant you need either the autocal or v2 to transfer the files.I think he may have 'Mail order' tune and 'remote tune' mixed up.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
It's a vz mate.

Wogboyz, wanna lend me ur autocal? So I can at least stop it from pinging.

I paid $1250 for Otr and mafless tune. Now he sells same thing with autocal for $1300... Go figure

Like Wogboys asked, I'm wondering how on earth did you get the OzTrack email tune file in there in the first place, and why not use that method to communicate the reads/datalogs so the tuner can fix the problem? Seems the easy way (however you did it!).
I have a spare AutoCal, but so does OzTrack. Given they have a $$ value as a tool, I'm cool if you put-up a deposit (to be held by PayPal in escrow) or I can get a pre-authorisation on your credit card if you prefer. Once you return it of course happy to refund less postage.
But the issue is not getting the AutoCal handheld (which is a basic terminal-like loader), but EFIlive's V2 Scantool handheld. As mentioned it allows you to change a zillion PIDs using EFIlive and either fix the spark advance map / AFR in 3D or else *blow-up your engine* - all by yourself. Seems it is tuned for higher octane than what you are running?
I thought exactly like you at first - get the low-down and tinker, as my background is IT / programmer for 20+ years. Modded firmware / os on my watch, phone, PC, Mac, Router, GameBoys, Wii, XBox, anything I can 'hack', I've also built several cars in the late 80's/90's, and blew a corporate account at JayCar to feed a serious electronics habit.
However suffice it to say after studying the various tuning software apps for GM, I realised there's a lifetime of real-world experience behind most of the critical decisions which are sometimes simple check boxes or .01 increments on tables. So I chose not to use a tune template or DIY and risk blowing $60k (at least $15k replacing engine, possibly writing whole car off too).
Not wanting to put you off, I can loan you my AutoCal, like OzTrack would, to finish the tuning process with the professional tuner you've already paid for - that's the best, easiest, and consequently cheapest way. Basically all you need to spring for is postage :surprise:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
How did you get the tune from your email account to your PCM without a autocal or v2 hand unit?

As far as I know you cant you need either the autocal or v2 to transfer the files.I think he may have 'Mail order' tune and 'remote tune' mixed up.

Ohh ok, yeah well bascially how mine works with the autocal i go log all my stuff, then plug it into my pc, transfer the log file onto my pc then email that to oztrack, then they send me back a new tune file, i load it on the autocal and then plug into car flash on and all done,

Mail order is where they send u a memcal or something with the tune alrdy on it isnt it?

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah a 'Mail order' tune is just a PCM with a base tune and very fews tweaks. But what your doing is pretty much real time tunning. logging local data and your driving style, sending these logs to oztrack who then make the required changes As to your requests.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Yeah a 'Mail order' tune is just a PCM with a base tune and very fews tweaks. But what your doing is pretty much real time tunning. logging local data and your driving style, sending these logs to oztrack who then make the required changes As to your requests.

Ohh ok i get ya, Cava mate i hope this info helps ya out!

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Yeah guys. Steve Sent me a whole different PCM and I sent my old one back.

I still want to tune it with my mate. In a few months I'm gunna cam it and do it then. He has tuned before and he is more or less going to teach me.

For the time being I need my mail order tune fixed so it's not pinging. My car is daily work ute. Can't afford to have it off road. Thus why I wanted the remote tune.

When it comes cam time ill have another work car. So time off road won't hurt an we can spend a day or 2 playing with it, If that makes sense.

After some words Steve Said he will send me his controller for $300 and refund me $100 when he gets it back.

As far as I'm aware I just need an autocal which came from oztrack, which has his Liscense's in it. If a member can lend me there's (wog boy) I'll leave a deposit of course.

Then I got to work out if he will still charge me to touch it up....