Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paddle Gear Shift

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
One thing I have noticed is the shift on my 2015 VF1 Redline Ute is much snappier than the shift on my 2016 VF2 Redline Sedan, not sure if they have changed the tuning in the box mated to the LS3 over the 6L. Back on topic the paddle shifts cam standard on both my cars and I absolutely love them, my wife can't drive manual so was stuck with the autos but the paddles make it worthwile.
I had it fitted to our 2015 SV6 Storm and required a Software update to get it going. Yeah Ok every now and then you don't use it but when you feel like it its great. Ever since I got this which require an Software update I think the Auto behave differently + the Flat spot on moving is not at bad as before. Could be a coincidence

PA38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon
Well I've had the paddle shift fitted for over a week now and I'm glad I did it. I'm actually liking the flat bottom steering wheel more than the paddle shift. I like how you can activate the manual shift from the paddles without touching the transmission lever, its good for overtaking on country roads where you can get fourth gear quickly rather than putting the boot in and getting whatever gear the tranny decides to dish up to you.:)
A word of warning for those thinking of buying the genuine part of e-bay, you need to re-program the BCM for it to work which is a dealer only procedure unless you have access to the magic box !!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Well I've had the paddle shift fitted for over a week now and I'm glad I did it. I'm actually liking the flat bottom steering wheel more than the paddle shift. I like how you can activate the manual shift from the paddles without touching the transmission lever, its good for overtaking on country roads where you can get fourth gear quickly rather than putting the boot in and getting whatever gear the tranny decides to dish up to you.:)
A word of warning for those thinking of buying the genuine part of e-bay, you need to re-program the BCM for it to work which is a dealer only procedure unless you have access to the magic box !!
Told you that you wouldn't regret it and that the feel of the flat bottom wheel is just about worth it alone. Enjoy!

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I've got the flat bottom wheel on my Calais. Would I still need to buy a new one because of the holes?

PA38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon
I've got the flat bottom wheel on my Calais. Would I still need to buy a new one because of the holes?
I'm not sure but I would image you would have to buy the whole thing as a package. Curiously I just went onto the Holden website and they only show the paddle shift available as an option on the SV6's and the SS's it doesn't appear on the other models when you do the Build & Price thingy. I'm not saying it isn't availible because I can see no reason why. I always thought the Redline auto's came standard with paddle shift ??

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I think both the Redline and Black Editions had them

Johnwantsmore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV redline
I'm not sure but I would image you would have to buy the whole thing as a package. Curiously I just went onto the Holden website and they only show the paddle shift available as an option on the SV6's and the SS's it doesn't appear on the other models when you do the Build & Price thingy. I'm not saying it isn't availible because I can see no reason why. I always thought the Redline auto's came standard with paddle shift ??

yes the ssv redline they are standard, option on the ss

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
yes the ssv redline they are standard, option on the ss
Yes & we optioned one onto an SV6 ute last year - it was an option on Holden's 'build & price' page - I can't for the life of me imagine why you couldn't option it onto the standard Calais even if it's not on 'build & price'

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Because Holden are dumb with their option choices. E.g I don't think you can get puddle lamps or heated seats or electrochromatic mirrors on an SS.

Richogc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve amarok
Or a manual wagon. Just picked my bad boy up today. 17 redline wagon, paddle shifters are fun but not as sharp as the stick and third pedal