Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paddle retrofit

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yet they are $627 in WA.
Yeah typical. Can almost buy interstate and ship over for less.

Just to clear it up for everyone.

The series2 VFs can have the paddles fitted by Holden easily.
Just a matter of installing the new steering wheel+paddles and then a BCM flash for the paddles update.

Series1 VFs can't get their factory BCM's flashed with the paddles update from Holden (Their tools will prevent it). It can be done using custom tools and software to flash in the paddle calibration.

The kits that JHP supply include a little 'black box' which as far as Im aware.. sends the command for shift up and shift down. That kit doesnt do the BCM update (I think).

Mag00ly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm

Just a matter of installing the new steering wheel+paddles and then a BCM flash for the paddles update.

Series1 VFs can't get their factory BCM's flashed with the paddles update from Holden (Their tools will prevent it). It can be done using custom tools and software to flash in the paddle calibration.

The kits that JHP supply include a little 'black box' which as far as Im aware.. sends the command for shift up and shift down. That kit doesnt do the BCM update (I think).
Just to be difficult, the MY15 series 1 can have the factory paddles and BCM flash, I have one.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
Do you get the flat bottom steering wheel with the factory kit?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Just to be difficult, the MY15 series 1 can have the factory paddles and BCM flash, I have one.
Performed from Holden? I have one on the bench here which doesnt allow for it using Holden tools.

I have to flash it using my custom gear to do it.

Mag00ly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Performed from Holden? I have one on the bench here which doesnt allow for it using Holden tools.

I have to flash it using my custom gear to do it.
It was fitted by Eagers Holden before we took delivery Sept 2015.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8

I have an MY16 VFII Calais V LS3 fitted with the SS-V paddle shift steering wheel as a dealer fitted upgrade. When I purchased the car, the dealer said they could easily activate the paddles for me. Once I took delivery, the insisted that they made an error and it was not possible so they offered my money back on the upgrade and offered to refit the original steering wheel. They said that the Calais firmware was not compatible with the paddle shift.....is this the case? I am waiting now for the Director to be released as this may have the a Calais based firmware that Holden can use on my car......or is it possible now? I have been driving the car with inorperative paddles for 10 months now! Any advice is appreciated! I do prefer the 'holden' solution.

CalaisVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2litre V8
Let us know if the BCM flash is compatible with SS-V series as well as Calais V series VFII and LS3). My dealer said it was not though I think they are not sure so gave me the negative answer to get rid of me...