Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint Flaking Off?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
VE Commodores had pretty good paint (thick clear coat). They were actually painted to survive Australian conditions (as far as that is possible). Most complaints on Commodore paint seems to be from VFs which is to be expected as Holden didn’t have a future at that point so didn’t give a shite.
All Commodore's have fairly poor paint quality if you park it out in the sun... But this shouldn't be happening on any car that is this new...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
So it's not the clear coat coming off, it's the actual black paint straight down to what I'm assuming is the undercoat as it's a white/grey color underneath (pic one zoomed in shows it best) . It gets some shade from a tree until around 11am then sun until I get home around 5pm. It seems to be happening in crevice spaces rather than large spots like the roof, bonnet and doors. What do you think would be the best way to approach a proper fix? I've had issues with this dealer before (previous car was a Holden Trax) to the point where I've had to threaten ACCC to get them to deal with warranty issues.
Take your ZB car to another Holden dealer (or service centre)...