Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pandora

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Yet Holden spend millions in advertising to try and sell cars nobody wanted but doesn’t advertise the imported variants that people may have bought if they knew about them? Then they try an expensive but ultimately abortive process of branding Opel, wasting millions in the process.

Heck, a Mylink update is trivial in cost and you could build a lot of good will with it.

But Holden are like a ship without a rudder, floundering in rough seas, whipping their deck hands to improve the situation.

You are still going on about the software update on a vehicle that came out in 2013! A lot of changed in the 5-6 years since the launch. It doesn't make sense to update software on a vehicle that isn't in production. They would prefer you to buy a new Holden with newer tech. As I've said before sell your Motorsport and buy something else as you ain't happy with the Holden product.

When I got my Calais in late 2013, the Mylink software was pretty good tech. Much better than the VE Series 1. Now with my series 2 VF, it is a bit old but I knew that when I got purchased my car.

You talk about Mazda, wow their system isn't that crash hot either. I'd prefer the Mylink we have in the VF over that system. At least we have more than 4 colours.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
It doesn't make sense to update software on a vehicle that isn't in production.

Exactly. And I don't know about anyone else one here, but the frigging head unit was fairly close to the bottom of the list in terms of importance when I was forking over the Johnny Cash.

Yes it has its quirks I suppose, but meh whatever..

just put your foot down a bit harder and you'll soon stop thinking about it.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I wonder if we could all write as a collective to Holden to ask at the very least to get Android and Apple Carplay on the Mylink system but write this from a safety point of view... updated maps that won’t take us on the wrong roads, full functionality of the phone that encourages us to keep our hands and eyes off our phone, and preventing the need to install a cradle for the phone on the windshield that can obstruct vision.

We were all fully aware when we bought the last ones that the Mylink system was not the best going around and that Holden were running as far away as they could from the customers they used to court like us, although I would think that the GM Global architecture would permit Android and Apple carplay to be easily implemented onto the system...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
while you are at it tell them to get carplay into my VX, i'd appreciate the upgrade.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Well software updates aren't the norm in the car industry. Still would love them to do it.

As I said someone type up a professional letter/email that we can spam to Holden.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I wonder if we could all write as a collective to Holden to ask at the very least to get Android and Apple Carplay on the Mylink system but write this from a safety point of view... updated maps that won’t take us on the wrong roads, full functionality of the phone that encourages us to keep our hands and eyes off our phone, and preventing the need to install a cradle for the phone on the windshield that can obstruct vision.

We were all fully aware when we bought the last ones that the Mylink system was not the best going around and that Holden were running as far away as they could from the customers they used to court like us, although I would think that the GM Global architecture would permit Android and Apple carplay to be easily implemented onto the system...

And how the **** did we all live before this ?
Probably as safe as today....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And how the **** did we all live before this ?
Probably as safe as today....

I am continually baffled as to how humans managed to survive millennia of existence prior to the invention of the mobile phone.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I am continually baffled as to how humans managed to survive millennia of existence prior to the invention of the mobile phone.

LOL
These days when you forget or lose your phone you just feel disconnected from the universe...
There are days when i wish we could go back a bit and use our brains a bit more...
A bit ironic that I feel this way whilst sitting on the loo and type this on my phone...
I bet productivity went down with these excessive toilet breaks where your phone can amuse you for a lot longer than you have to spend in the toilet...
Anyway..

Back on topic...
If you really want acp or aa buy a car that has it standard and quit whinging...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
These days when you forget or lose your phone you just feel disconnected from the universe...

Given I don't have a mobile, I live in blissful ignorance of these circumstances.