Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PaRaDoX's MA71 Manual Turbo Targa Supra

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
they slide well, they're just not as common as say a nissan silvia s13 (i dont like those lol) but the rear end is very predictable, its just nice cruising on the road and everyone goes wtf is that car, havnt seen many of them..

morton, yeah i know, got a fat payrise at work so i got more funds, ill get the head back in around 2 weeks with my new parts so hopefully it will take 2-3 days to assemble the motor with care. everything that goes back onto this motor is getting degreased, soaked, scrubbed and painted ie brackets. engine builder gave me the rest of the block paint sooo should have it looking nice :) id love to have built the bottom end my self but i still need to learn some more tricks before i attempt that..

UPDATE:

fitted timing belt pulley, all front seals, timing case (loosely) and balancer loosely, picking up a new timing belt soon got the rear main plate in and rear main in too

Last edited:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
some new pics, sumps on, most of the stuff is back in, everything else is sealed to avoid foreign objects in the sump/moving parts, polished up a water rail too from my spare motor, looks ace :)

10052009802.jpg

10052009804.jpg

10052009805.jpg

10052009806.jpg

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Looking so bling :D

All those little japanese motors make so much more sense when they're clean. When they're all greasy and grotty, all the hoses and pipes they run everywhere sort of blend into one big mess of WHAT?!

I envy the time and money you have to devote to this project :D

(I also look forward to seeing it out at a Vic meet one day this year!)

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Yeah i does make sense when its clean, im not putting any dirty parts back on it, everythings new on it :) im going to drop the intake manifold into a engineering shop and have a plate welded on the front to reduce the I/C piping by about 1.5 meters to cut lag, also so i can run a 3" cold side pipe and throttle body. im thinking about splitting the coil packs off into their 3 separate packs (no common DFI with these, its a waste spark config) and run them over the cyclinders then make shorter leads but im not sure yet.

im not even getting started on this project yet. still needs tuning, turbo upgrade a new interior and some wheels bigger than 15"

ill bring it to a vic meet when its operational! i'm trying to eliminate my comp surge too, my stock bov stopped worked... :(

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
very nice! looking like it's progressing very well!

it's always really exciting to see nice clean and fresh parts getting put together!

... and i applaud the duct tape craftsmanship! hehe

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I think you forgot to paint the motor:!) or is it painted "cast iron colour"?

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
very nice! looking like it's progressing very well!

it's always really exciting to see nice clean and fresh parts getting put together!

... and i applaud the duct tape craftsmanship! hehe

heheh the duct tape is because im out of garbage bags (not that they fit anymore with the sump on and im outta cling wrap too, the motors sealed now :)

ive gotta track down a water pump gasket, timing belt + tensioner, put the engine mounts on and then im ready for the head! funds arnt holding me back anymore its waiting for the overnight parts from japan (3 week parts from toyota...)

Foam, photo's don't do it justice, its a dark grey colour looks ace!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Cheers!, i like the supra's better than

found out cometic do a 74thou headgasket (will help me retain my low CR since the blocks been decked, heads been decked twice and should help avoid detonation) ordered one... $420 later :( the HKS stopper headgasket MLS was over $800 however....

my original Cometic was around $270 but that was when the US market was weak and it was 50thou thick

Last edited:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Man... I am so envious of people like you and hakhawk who have the skill to do this sort of thing...

Well done mate... looking really good...