Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park Assist Issues on CalaisV

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I never did get mine to work reliably since this problem arose.

With a bit of digging, I found that the Park assist module has poor solder joints (Nice work there Bosch).
I tried reflowing the solder on mine, and it made it better (It now works roughly once a week), but I founf that it only works if the car is parked out in the sun,
and the cabin temp is nice and warm (re FKing hot)...

Which leads me to beleive that the heat is affecting the board / solder joins somewher, but I am buggered if I know where exactly on the board.

Trav ke150

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais v
Righto, interesting you say that because the one time this one has worked was when it had been sitting in the carpark all day in direct sun. Ill give resoldering the board a go, failing that ill track down a replacement module, cheers mate.

Trav ke150

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais v
Problem solved, picked up a new module through covs for $90.00 fitted it this morning and all is up and running again,

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Hi guys, hoping someone can assist me here.

have a 08 Calais V with both front and rear park assist sensors.
Noticed over the weekend, that the park assist system, both in drive and in reverse, has stopped working.
When engage Drive or Reverse, nothing happens, no sound, no screen output etc. Also when manually pres the park assist button, nothing except flashing red light on the button.

Can someone advise from your experience, where to start looking and what to check to help fault find it?

thanks in advance, hope to get something resolved as so challenging parking now in city without such system, funny how we get used to it.
cheers

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Hi guys, hoping someone can assist me here.

have a 08 Calais V with both front and rear park assist sensors.
Noticed over the weekend, that the park assist system, both in drive and in reverse, has stopped working.
When engage Drive or Reverse, nothing happens, no sound, no screen output etc. Also when manually pres the park assist button, nothing except flashing red light on the button.

Can someone advise from your experience, where to start looking and what to check to help fault find it?

thanks in advance, hope to get something resolved as so challenging parking now in city without such system, funny how we get used to it.
cheers

further to above, decided to remove the back seats to get to the Park assist module and get the part number.
Part number of the module on the vehicle is GM92195172
Ringing Holden provide further problems.
Holden told me they dont know if its one module for rear sensors and another for front sensors, or one module for both front and rear.

Further they advised that the above part number does not exists on system.
When they checked the last eight digits of VIN they claim the part number should be 92195171.
But they also claim that this part is obsolete, and they can no longer provide me with any replacement part for the 2008 VE Calais V.

Can anyone provide any light/assistance on what to do please?

If try contacting wreckers, how do we know what part number to even ask for, since the part number off my car apparently does not even exist in Holden database...so strange.

For those of you who did replace the unit, what units did you replace it with?

additional info- i had connected with a obdii torque scanner to the car, and there are no errors on the system.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

DSC_0114_zps7c17fb01.jpg

DSC_0116_zps0e6286d4.jpg

Last edited:

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
Appreciate it of someone could give some advise from their own personal experience here please.

Further update.
Bought a 2nd hand park assist module (the balck one wit thee connectors in pict) from a wrecker. As holden told me the unit is now obsolete and cannot sell me anything. Holden also told me to go to wreckers(can you believe that for an 2008 car )

Unit fro wreckers, Plugged it in, and still no go.
the exact same symptoms, park assist wont start in D or R, and when press the button, only get red light flash x4 times.

with 2nd park assist module installed, plugged in the obdii scan tool, used "Torque" phone app, and still no error codes being generated at all.
Any advice help please
cheers

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Appreciate it of someone could give some advise from their own personal experience here please.

Further update.
Bought a 2nd hand park assist module (the balck one wit thee connectors in pict) from a wrecker. As holden told me the unit is now obsolete and cannot sell me anything. Holden also told me to go to wreckers(can you believe that for an 2008 car )

Unit fro wreckers, Plugged it in, and still no go.
the exact same symptoms, park assist wont start in D or R, and when press the button, only get red light flash x4 times.

with 2nd park assist module installed, plugged in the obdii scan tool, used "Torque" phone app, and still no error codes being generated at all.
Any advice help please
cheers

Welcome to my world.
This is about as far as I have progressed with things as well.
The soldering made a difference (about the same as taking the time to put a nice pink bow on a pile of dog crap and giving that to your misses, instead of just skimping on the bow to save time and money).

In the end I swore, drunk some beer, swore a little more, fitted a reverse camera and swore a little bit more for good measure.

Rivers56

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
Like previously stated iv also had one fall in (inside rear bumper) after a high pressure wash and had the same symptoms as everyone else. Put it back in and still didn't work had another look and noticed the orientation of the way it sat was different to the other so flipped it around and was all good again. Could be as simple as just not sitting right in the bumper like mine for it to completely stop working. Try even cleaning the little grooves in them or actually new sensor loom? If one is failing it shuts the whole thing down.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Just FYI goldvn05 - cheap ELM327 dongles only show "P" error codes. Don't get me wrong, I love mine and use Torque also, but they have their place. So that is all "Powertrain" errors. This doesn't cover the park assist. You would have to find someone with a Tech2 or professional scan tool. My car has a couple of "B" codes I think (Body) that only show on my Tech2, and has had a "U" (communication/network) code pop up that the dongle also wouldn't pick up. There are also "C" codes for chassis issues. Also the ABS sensor error didn't get picked up by the dongle. I have tried 3 different dongles and about 1/2 dozen programs both on PC and Android devices (yep 2 PCs and 4 Android), as well as a couple of other people trying their dongles, so I'm pretty confident in this being true.

I wonder too if the new unit needs to be matched to the car. Sort of like pairing a phone to another device. I know with certain modules, I've come across issues until I found a function in a sub option of a sub category of a sub menu of one of the menus in the Tech2. The SDM springs to mind as one such module (sensing and diagnostic module). Though Trav didn't mention this when replacing the PA module, so I guess probably not.

Sorry, only have an SV6 without such luxury, so I can't look into that (well play around with is more accurate). Anyway, hope it turns out to be simple and cheap like Rivers56 thoughts. Otherwise, best of luck.

philv

Reaction score
Welcome to my world.
This is about as far as I have progressed with things as well.
The soldering made a difference (about the same as taking the time to put a nice pink bow on a pile of dog crap and giving that to your misses, instead of just skimping on the bow to save time and money).

In the end I swore, drunk some beer, swore a little more, fitted a reverse camera and swore a little bit more for good measure.

Wondering if you ever sorted out that problem with the park assist or maybe you've moved the car on by now.
I have a VE Calais and mine has exactly the same issue as yours.
Having front and rear sensors they just stopped working,no beep when put in reverse and nothing on the screen.I have changed the module under the rear parcel shelf but didnt work.
Cheers