Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parts Availability

Henry19720

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 MY15 Man Sedan, MY17 SSVR Man Sedan
Hi All
Been doing the suspension on the SV6 - keeping it stock so this isn’t a rant about the best aftermarket type - and some of the nuts and bolts are single use only according to the factory service manual. Understandable as they are torque to yield. Sway bar bushes were a similar story.

I’ve found that getting these new parts are hit and miss. Some arrive others on back order. Given that they are “consumables” what concerns me is again GMs attitude to supporting the product we have and (presumably) love.

Anyone else finding this? I know supply issues are still out there but for these sorts of consumables is crazy. Maybe it just sums up GMs go and get stuffed attitude to Australia?

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
I had to wait 2 weeks for a replacement alternator because I wanted OEM. I can’t find replacement reverse sensors anywhere !!! At least not in the white!

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I had a 5 month wait for vf2 sv6/ss front bar and they have to remake the mould for it due to a defect

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Mechanically, there will be a good supply of parts going forward from both OEM and aftermarket

In the case of the SV6, Engine and drivetrain parts should in good supply for awhile. The LFX engine was part of the GM global family and its very popular in the US. Ive been taking the time to work my way around the US GM parts direct sites, given they have ready access to part numbers (You can cross reference most V6 drive train parts against the Caprice PPV 3.6). I use it all the time when needing parts. You can also often find them far cheaper. I just got a Fuel Vapor Purge canister from Amazon US (Genuine GM OEM, literally the same thing I could get from my local Holden dealer) for a third of the cost locally (Free postage to boot).

With covid supply chain issues easing, hopefully more consumable body parts like front/rear bumpers are going to remain in production

The issue is going to be more unique parts.

Interior trims are already becoming non-existent. Though to be honest, I have a theory that there is somewhat good supply. However people have stockpiled them and are trying to charge pure extortion on prices (VF2 Redline Drivers seat base trims being scalped at almost $2000 a piece) and trying to create scarcity. Ive noticed on many parts on eBay, the sellers would show the item as the last one. It would then sell, and lo and behold a few more would become available again.

As an example I know of, the black interior console trim pieces (That sit either side of the shifter surround) Holden have over 700 in stock of the right hand one, but apparently the left hand one is discontinued? (Hoping that was a COVID supply chain delay, and that they will be back) Whilst other unique pieces may become rarer, there will always be the wreckers to provide supply (Though a lot of them are also breathing out the bloody exhaust for the prices they are asking)

The oldest VF's have only just turned 10 years old. With good care and maintenance, they should have many happy years In them yet. Just be sure to take good care of the interiors!

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I got offered a 2014 L77 VF Calais with 17,000 k's on it,, yes 17,000k's, a couple of years ago,
I knocked it back, as I found the supply of VF parts were not a good option,
Being VF's had not been out long enough,
So I stuck me VE.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Interior trims are already becoming non-existent. Though to be honest, I have a theory that there is somewhat good supply. However people have stockpiled them and are trying to charge pure extortion on prices (VF2 Redline Drivers seat base trims being scalped at almost $2000 a piece) and trying to create scarcity. Ive noticed on many parts on eBay, the sellers would show the item as the last one. It would then sell, and lo and behold a few more would become available again.
I've noticed on eBay that leather console lids with white stitching (SSV/Calais type) are $600! A couple of years ago I bought one for my SV6 for $190

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
we bought 2 new ssv redlines 2017 and at the same time stocked up on what parts we could buy at the time as we knew a parts shortage would happen within 10 years or sooner , genuine front bumper, guards, door trims, steering wheels, switches, ect even the yanks were buying up our Aussie stocked parts , and even if we dont use we these parts, we will make a profit on them when its time to sell, wish i had bought more the way way prices are going , we even found it cheaper to buy some items direct from the USA as Chevy SS Parts when on clearance , history always repeats, remember a company that started called rare spares

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
we bought 2 new ssv redlines 2017 and at the same time stocked up on what parts we could buy at the time as we knew a parts shortage would happen within 10 years or sooner , genuine front bumper, guards, door trims, steering wheels, switches, ect even the yanks were buying up our Aussie stocked parts , and even if we dont use we these parts, we will make a profit on them when its time to sell, wish i had bought more the way way prices are going , we even found it cheaper to buy some items direct from the USA as Chevy SS Parts when on clearance , history always repeats, remember a company that started called rare spares
I ran out of breath......

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I can’t find replacement reverse sensors anywhere !!! At least not in the white!

Put the part number into aliexpress and you might find them.
I got them in white for my colorado a couple of years ago on aliexpress.
The dealer wanted $400 to fix the issue of 1 broken sensor.
I paid $34 for 4 sensors and fixed it myself with 3 spares in the parts bin.