Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issues

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ah that makes more sense. I don’t think it could be in the tune since I changed the ecu and the whole loom. The ecu is from a dual fuel VX Acclaim but I’m not sure what the wiring is from. Is there anything else you would have to do to get the trac off function to work? Thanks mate
Have you scanned the abs/tc. Or just shorted the pins on the dlc? I think pins 5 & 12? @BlackVXGTS I think you know the answer to this?

The cluster has to setup for the careg. How many airbags v8 v6 exec. berlina calais. This for different stuff for the different models.
I use @envyouscustoms body diagnostics for setting up clusters. It has more features than a lot of scan tools.

You need the ALDL cable & software. Unfortunately you only get to lease the software for a 30 days or 1 year. Check it out.

Its possible the cluster has already been setup for the car. Maybe not, when you got the car, it had the v8? Now it's got the v6.

But then again you can get different versions of the abs/tc modules, you may have the wrong one?

Scan it first, see what comes up?

My vt wagon has a vx abs/tc in it from a vx sedan. To get it working l to get a passenger rear brake line from a vy wagon calais front hubs from a vt. My cluster was already configered for the abs/tc.

Hope this helps?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Does your car have an aftermarket gas instal?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Have you scanned the abs/tc. Or just shorted the pins on the dlc? I think pins 5 & 12? @BlackVXGTS I think you know the answer to this?

The cluster has to setup for the careg. How many airbags v8 v6 exec. berlina calais. This for different stuff for the different models.
I use @envyouscustoms body diagnostics for setting up clusters. It has more features than a lot of scan tools.
[/URL]

You need the ALDL cable & software. Unfortunately you only get to lease the software for a 30 days or 1 year. Check it out.

Its possible the cluster has already been setup for the car. Maybe not, when you got the car, it had the v8? Now it's got the v6.

But then again you can get different versions of the abs/tc modules, you may have the wrong one?

Scan it first, see what comes up?

My vt wagon has a vx abs/tc in it from a vx sedan. To get it working l to get a passenger rear brake line from a vy wagon calais front hubs from a vt. My cluster was already configered for the abs/tc.

Hope this helps?
I used an AUTEL Scan tool awhile back and this is when it had the faulty ABS module which wouldn’t let me connect to the ECU OR BCM. But I have since replaced the ABS module. Yeah I’m probably going to lease one out as I have a few cars that need a good scan. Yep when I got the car it was a V8, although it was originally a V6 from factory, then converted back to V6 as the LS running gear was completely junk. (Seized engine, blown trans etc) As for the cluster, it was thrown in by the original owner when it had the LS, now it’s a V6 with the same cluster but everything seems to work fine, speedo is accurate, RPM Gauge is accurate, fuel and temp is spot on. I will give it a scan but I’m not sure if that’ll do much as it’s not throwing up anything on the dash. But it doesn’t hurt to try. Thanks for the advice bud

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I used an AUTEL Scan tool awhile back and this is when it had the faulty ABS module which wouldn’t let me connect to the ECU OR BCM. But I have since replaced the ABS module. Yeah I’m probably going to lease one out as I have a few cars that need a good scan. Yep when I got the car it was a V8, although it was originally a V6 from factory, then converted back to V6 as the LS running gear was completely junk. (Seized engine, blown trans etc) As for the cluster, it was thrown in by the original owner when it had the LS, now it’s a V6 with the same cluster but everything seems to work fine, speedo is accurate, RPM Gauge is accurate, fuel and temp is spot on. I will give it a scan but I’m not sure if that’ll do much as it’s not throwing up anything on the dash. But it doesn’t hurt to try. Thanks for the advice bud
The cluster sounds like its ok.

So, is the abs module the same as one as the original?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
The cluster sounds like its ok.

So, is the abs module the same as one as the original?
Yeah it is, weird thing was the abs module I pulled off a VX Exec v6 was the same module that I had. So not sure what they did in the LS conversion.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it is, weird thing was the abs module I pulled off a VX Exec v6 was the same module that I had. So not sure what they did in the LS conversion.
Have you scanned the abs module for error codes?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i believe lpg ecu has the traction control input to ecu deleted