Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issues

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Hey everyone, new day = new problems. This VX S is really getting to me. I cannot figure out if the car is factory fitted with T/C or not. It’s got the POWER button and the T/C buttons fitted and the correct 4 lines on top and 2 lines out the rear brake module. All the lights illuminate on the cluster (VX SS cluster) except the TRAC OFF light. It shows the trac low, etc just not that one light. I’ve already tried replacing the globe but it still didn’t illuminate. Also changed over the ABS module and brake line module from another car. These are my main concerns.

1: If the car isn’t fitted with T/C, is a conversion possible?

2. Bcm is currently 251 MID, maybe the wrong BCM?

3: at the moment it will do a standstill burnout without hesitation or pushback to the pedal, so maybe it wasn’t fitted and just installed by previous owner?

Thanks everyone

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey everyone, new day = new problems. This VX S is really getting to me. I cannot figure out if the car is factory fitted with T/C or not. It’s got the POWER button and the T/C buttons fitted and the correct 4 lines on top and 2 lines out the rear brake module. All the lights illuminate on the cluster (VX SS cluster) except the TRAC OFF light. It shows the trac low, etc just not that one light. I’ve already tried replacing the globe but it still didn’t illuminate. Also changed over the ABS module and brake line module from another car. These are my main concerns.

1: If the car isn’t fitted with T/C, is a conversion possible?

2. Bcm is currently 251 MID, maybe the wrong BCM?

3: at the moment it will do a standstill burnout without hesitation or pushback to the pedal, so maybe it wasn’t fitted and just installed by previous owner?

Thanks everyone
Bcm has nothing to do with it.
I fitted abs tc to my vt wagon. No problem.

Just reread the above post. So you have vx spac commodore with a v6 & you have installed a vx ss v8 cluster? Was it programmed for the vx spac?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
V6 doesn't have a throttle relaxer so you don't feel anything on the throttle pedal.

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Bcm has nothing to do with it.
I fitted abs tc to my vt wagon. No problem.

Just reread the above post. So you have vx spac commodore with a v6 & you have installed a vx ss v8 cluster? Was it programmed for the vx spac?
I didn’t think you had to get them programmed? Everything on it works though. The car came with the original cluster so maybe I should give that a go?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It cuts ignition timing and turns off cylinders.

If the car has the buttons than it should have the TC but then if someone has played with it maybe it's been overridden some how. I believe removing 1 wire from somewhere in the ABS module will make the system stop working or maybe someone played with the tune and got rid off it?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
It cuts ignition timing and turns off cylinders.

If the car has the buttons than it should have the TC but then if someone has played with it maybe it's been overridden some how. I believe removing 1 wire from somewhere in the ABS module will make the system stop working or maybe someone played with the tune and got rid off it?
Ah that makes more sense. I don’t think it could be in the tune since I changed the ecu and the whole loom. The ecu is from a dual fuel VX Acclaim but I’m not sure what the wiring is from. Is there anything else you would have to do to get the trac off function to work? Thanks mate

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unsure. I've never really played with it except in the tune side.