Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Traction control issues

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
i believe lpg ecu has the traction control input to ecu deleted
That’s what I’m thinking too, what ecu model number should be in my car? Also isn’t the ECU’s that were in a LPG car stamped? I’m not too sure if they were or not

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
i believe lpg ecu has the traction control input to ecu deleted
That's why I asked about LPG. My car is (aftermarket) dual fuel and the traction control light comes on when it's running on gas, but the traction control itself doesn't work.

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Hey everyone sorry for the late reply I got screwed around getting a scan tool. I scanned the car but it didn’t show up with any codes. I tried turning the trac on and off via the scan tool and nothing lit up on the cluster. Only thing i can think of is maybe I’ve got to get the cluster programmed as it’s an SS one? Thanks guys

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey everyone sorry for the late reply I got screwed around getting a scan tool. I scanned the car but it didn’t show up with any codes. I tried turning the trac on and off via the scan tool and nothing lit up on the cluster. Only thing i can think of is maybe I’ve got to get the cluster programmed as it’s an SS one? Thanks guys
What scan tool do you have?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
They capable of programming the cluster?
I’m not too sure to be honest I’ve heard people say you need an ALDL or something like that to work with the cluster.