Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedal box

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute

Attachments

• IMG_3897.jpeg
    IMG_3897.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
Currently just getting down to the crash bar, brake pedal box is out, then hopefully pull the crash bar out. When you did it did you have to take the wiring out for this but or did you manoeuvre it out of the way

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
That’s what I did. Rust converter and then epoxy, then some colour and clear coat.
Masked up what I could inside and out.
I’ve gotten to the crash bar and removed some other bits and items, but I don’t trust myself to remove any more of the wiring loom, just too scared so I’ve moved the crash bar back an inch and I think I’m going to remove what rust I can, then try weld in a plate to back it and just absolutely coat it all sealant

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’ve gotten to the crash bar and removed some other bits and items, but I don’t trust myself to remove any more of the wiring loom, just too scared so I’ve moved the crash bar back an inch and I think I’m going to remove what rust I can, then try weld in a plate to back it and just absolutely coat it all sealant
I doubt you’ll be able to weld it. That plate is made from the softest **** there is.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
I doubt you’ll be able to weld it. That plate is made from the softest **** there is.
And what do you think about my brake booster, I haven’t had any issues with braking and I can’t see any leaks, but this rubber seals a bit old. There’s also the rust on the seal which I don’t know if that’s from leakage or something else

Attachments

• IMG_3905.jpeg
    IMG_3905.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3904.jpeg
    IMG_3904.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 37

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm what about some fibreglass Bondo? Then lather it in sealant still?
The plate needs to be removed or you will be doing this all again.
The other thing you’ll be doing is putting your foot through the firewall when braking and the bodgy repair gives out. You need to think about the pressure on that plate when braking or pressing on the plate when accelerating.

You are pretty much there.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute
The other thing you’ll be doing is putting your foot through the firewall when braking and the bodgy repair gives out. You need to think about the pressure on that plate when braking or pressing on the plate when accelerating.

Around the brake mount is just surface rust, the only spot with bad rust is the accelerator. And I would take more off but I can’t bring myself to take the loom out, that’s just too much for me, I’m sure if I can get rid of what rust is here then use some high strength filler then it’ll work. Otherwise how else do you think I could get the rest of the way

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore sv6 ute

If I could I would but I’m already shi77ing myself with just the basic wiring I’ve undone so far

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The pedal plate has to come out.
It’s not surface rust. You can fit a window frame in that hole.