Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol expected to hit $2 a Litre

VS.5L

VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd....and....250cc Baby Ninja
my fuel saving method has been to buy my 250cc ninja.... little beast costs $$19 bucks to fill up on BP 98 oct and last me over a week with 300km to a tank.... and have the VX SS as the weekender.... always worth a thought??? license is easy to get, bikes are cheap as chips for brand newies even less for used, insurance is $1000 a year with $150 excess, cant complain really............

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
CSP

I don't know your definition of safe, but having a large car does come into it. A relative of mine was rear ended by a truck on the freeway a few years ago in a BA sedan. Write off but if it wasn't for it being a larger car with bigger bootspace etc i'm sure his friends in the back would have died or been seriously injured. Car ploughed off the road and into railing without the airbags going off which he survived also. Doubt the ANCAP would take this into account.

Having two 5 star rated cars with similiar technology, the larger car will be safer.

End of story!!

And commodores are cheap to service and repair. The amount of them on the road ensures this.

wow big post. Yeah I agree, ANCAP doesn't really take into account rear hits as per my example above. Or technology failing. Or even as torch said, front ons with different sized cars. It's beyond a doubt that size does make a huge impact on safety.

Good post otherwise.
and I wrote that on my phone lol.

Thats right the ancap crash test is as good as we can get. But in the end it's not real world. But it's an indication of safety under a controlled environment. Much like the way fuel economy is fine in controlled conditions.