Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phillips Halogen headlght

COINERS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY.10
Any one upgraded there stock head light globes to Phillips halogen globes.
My mates have and i'am thinking about it.
Any one had any experience with these?
Any one knows if they can heat up and melt my head light housing??? I herd they can get pretty hot.
Any feed back would be appreciated.
Thanks guys

Nick

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Blue ones? My cousin and I noticed they are brighter, but I hate them at night. When cars are approaching, the dang glare of blue light is :bop: annoying.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
as long as they are the same wattage then they won't do damage. the blue vision, and crystal vision (which aren't meant to be used on the road) have the blue globe as it cancels out the yellow light and turns it into a white light.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
Blue visions are legal, crystal visions are not meant to be used on the road. I have the +50s and don't find them that good. You can buy a pack of blue visions with both sets of parking lights and low beams for about $62.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
plus 30's are fairly good and are an improvement from staock.... ive had blue visions and they arent that flash even after i had cleaned out the lights.... if your serious rewire your highbeams and upgrade to the 130 watt plus 50's like i did i LUV them to pieces you can see about 50 meteres further infront of you than the stock lights

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I'm running 100W H1's (the extra globes that come on on high beam)and 65/90W H4's for 2 years now with no problems with reflectors or lenses or wiring.

The colour of the globe doesn't matter so much as the colour of the light it throws (has to be yellowish or bright white but can't be blueish)

+50's and any other globe with krypton gas or other gas than halogens are a great way to get brighter light from the same wattage power consumption.

and the higher wattage your globes are, the more fuel you burn to keep the battery charged