Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purple VP Calais

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Mmmmmm VP Calais! Needs a stroked V8 to match the wild paint.

Lol it's meant to be my economical car. I've been looking at a few turbo and blower kits though, Admittedly.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Blown LS3, very economical compared to a freight train!
That is what you meant, yes??? Lol

PJDM1980

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown LS3, very economical compared to a freight train!
That is what you meant, yes??? Lol

Nah blown ls7 actually. Looking at a few W427's to use as a donor car haha

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
very nice car mate but I personal think the factory dark grey would have suited the bottom better the the asteroid silver used like the VLs and VNs sorry. Everything else looks great, the purple and grey wheels :) nice V6 cruiser

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
very nice car mate but I personal think the factory dark grey would have suited the bottom better the the asteroid silver used like the VLs and VNs sorry. Everything else looks great, the purple and grey wheels :) nice V6 cruiser

Yeah my uncle said the same thing about the silver. I like the contrast of the dark purple or blue (depending on the day) and the nice bright coarse silver.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a full t5 conversion kit yesterday. And a bonus spare motor! I'll post some pics soon. Better get off my arse and into the garage this weekend!

Last edited:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Right, Took out the auto on Saturday and unbolted the t5 from the motor it came with. Yesterday i bought a spigot bearing from repco, But it didn't fit. looked around everywhere for one but no one seemed to have any so i just used the bush from the other Engine. Also got the computer in and the console out yesterday. Today i managed to get the gearbox in relatively easy thanks to the good old clutch alignment tool.

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

Tomorow or the next day it should be done. just have to bolt in the pedal box, connect the clutch cable, bolt the exhaust on and fill her up with oil.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Did up the rest of the gearbox bolts today, put back my steering rack, bolted up my exhaust and put in the tailshaft. still a bit to go but getting pretty close. mainly the pedal box and clutch cable.

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

oh yeah, and the console. but i can drive it without that lol.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nearly done. just have to finish off the pedal box tomorrow. have to take out the damn steering column. i wired up my reverse lights to the gearbox today from 2 of the wires on the selector plug, then went to try and turn it over and it didn't go. so i realised the other 2 wires on the plug must be to stop you turning it on when it's out of park. so it started fine when i joined them. Great place to put a killswitch when you've done a t5 conversion i reckon.

vp5.jpg

There you go. If you ever see my car then you'll know how to steal it!