Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD Un-signed police speed camera vans

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It's the same here in Tassie. You don't get notification of any sort that they are there. Hell, they aren't even allowed to announce their position on the radio here anymore.

I think it's better having them unmarked. Just means the speeding twats don't get the information to avoid getting caught. Better chance repeat excessive speeding offenders get caught and hopefully get put off our roads.

somerandom

Reaction score
If you did get done speeding, then face it. You were speeding. But im sure if you wanted to contest it you could.

LOL, oh ok, so a radar malfunctions, doesn't do it's duty and decides to snap you doing 90KPH in a 100KPH with a reading of 120KPH....example.

would you accept it? alot of people are accepting alot of corruptness, and needs to venture outside their bedroom to see what is really going on..

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL, oh ok, so a radar malfunctions, doesn't do it's duty and decides to snap you doing 90KPH in a 100KPH with a reading of 120KPH....example.

would you accept it? alot of people are accepting alot of corruptness, and needs to venture outside their bedroom to see what is really going on..

I think you misunderstood his post. He said "If you did get done speeding, then face it. You were speeding. But im sure if you wanted to contest it you could" And I agree. If you're speeding and get caught, then suck it up princess. Deal with it.

However, if you were CERTAIN you were not speeding, you can contest the ticket, take it court and question the accuracy of the machine that gave the reading of the alleged speed. Eg. Last time the machine was callabrated.

210lpa

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS2 Sedan
Maybe they werent speed checking? Maybe surveying or that new RAPID (if you's have it) or something similar. If you did get done speeding, then face it. You were speeding. But im sure if you wanted to contest it you could.

Yep they defenately were speed checking ,saw the flash 2 or 3 times.Pictures are worth a lot proof if it comes to that .

210lpa

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS2 Sedan
It's the same here in Tassie. You don't get notification of any sort that they are there. Hell, they aren't even allowed to announce their position on the radio here anymore.

I think it's better having them unmarked. Just means the speeding twats don't get the information to avoid getting caught. Better chance repeat excessive speeding offenders get caught and hopefully get put off our roads.
I used to live down tassie ,most of my life and no we didint get warning signs on the vans or cars ,and their not allowed to air the locations on the radio?
Up here in Qld we have some rights but not many.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
They used to say where they were on the radio. But they put a stop to it a few years ago. I don't think they have ever been signed though.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Im pretty sure the laws were changed at the start of the year when the Qld goverment went on a cash grab to make up the money they lost in the Global financal crisis ,now they dont have to have signs if they dont wont to ,But usually what is illigal about the mobile speed cameras is their locations for example at the bottom of hills or crests

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
It really wont be long before they dont have to mark up :)

But, the speed vehicles here are full blown 4WD ones..Hard to miss,, POLICE written all over it :)

stu-k

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS AFM
You should have parked in front of it:yeah: