Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Queenslands Water Crisis!!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
You can get that idea of a North Queensland piple line out of you minds for a starter.

I don't think it would ever happen the people up here wouldnt stand for it for a starter and the cost factor is the other.

Although we could charge the south easter queensland councils something like 10cents for 10ltrs thats not a bad idea and that way we could get some of the billions that they spend down there for the roads up here for a change.

i know,
how about we start charging you to use the bitchumen and dirt that comes from down here, to up there, or even better lets charge you to use our ports in brisbane for the goods that go up there.

get your head out of your arse you fool, and wake up to yourself, we are on level 4 restrictions, level 5 is just around the corner, we are a captical city, tyou hear that, a capital city, with more than the population of mackay. and we are running out of water, out of options and out of time. and you wanna play that game, cool, fien by me, ill make sure i move up there and waste all your water, you clown.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
You can get that idea of a North Queensland piple line out of you minds for a starter.

I don't think it would ever happen the people up here wouldnt stand for it for a starter and the cost factor is the other.

Although we could charge the south easter queensland councils something like 10cents for 10ltrs thats not a bad idea and that way we could get some of the billions that they spend down there for the roads up here for a change.
you sir are a fool, the pipeline is a great idea, whats so bad about hooking up most of qld with water? the design i saw went down the coast line then out west to a few places who probably never see water. it should be implemented immediatly:ranting:

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
i know,
how about we start charging you to use the bitchumen and dirt that comes from down here, to up there, or even better lets charge you to use our ports in brisbane for the goods that go up there.

get your head out of your arse you fool, and wake up to yourself, we are on level 4 restrictions, level 5 is just around the corner, we are a captical city, tyou hear that, a capital city, with more than the population of mackay. and we are running out of water, out of options and out of time. and you wanna play that game, cool, fien by me, ill make sure i move up there and waste all your water, you clown.

------------
Your kidding me !

We have how own port ok actually a few ports so thats that issue fixed simply.

Hey its not how fault that your guys down there carn't manage your water supplies correctly, you will have to just spark up and learn to wont you for the comming years.:wax:

What the capital city got to do with anything, what are you trying to say that make you guys something special or one better than us up here yer ok LOL what ever.:bow:

Actually I don't know if we would let you move up here and as for wasting all our water thats a laugh.
I can wash my car every day if I feel like it water the lawns just leave the sprinklers running for hours, nice green lawns up here.:thumbsup:

Oh yer and we don't drink our nabours sewage up here.

Mackay I dont live in Mackay so yer move there who cares.:yeah:

I won't come back on the head up my ass comment mainly becasue that comment doesn't deserve a reply, its just another nasty outbust.

Ok well I better go shift my hose its been running in the same spot now for about 2 hours.

Cheers.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
I don't think QLD have a water crisis anymore?, all that flooding has topped up the rivers, lakes and dams.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
it's not really that at all (well it has a bit to do with it) but it's also because were in drought! up north will never go dry, how can it when each and every year you go through a wet season, i used to live in innisfail and townsville i know what it's like. but why not share it around? i don't mean to NSW or NT but at least within our own state, im sure all the mining towns out west wouldn't mind a bit more water.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I don't think QLD have a water crisis anymore?, all that flooding has topped up the rivers, lakes and dams.

only up north where it's not needed, we need it to piss down below the carpinteria(sp?)

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
for all you waterphobes,
Total sunshine coast overall water supplies are down to 70 % as well
major dam borumba is at 50%

chappy

VY2 R8 Clubsport
Reaction score
Website
www.hsv-holden.com.au
Members Ride
VY2 R8 Clubsport
you sir are a fool, the pipeline is a great idea, whats so bad about hooking up most of qld with water? the design i saw went down the coast line then out west to a few places who probably never see water. it should be implemented immediatly:ranting:

Well I maybe well am a fool but I am not stupid if the pipeline was to ever be connected to the north’s water supplies it would deplete our water supplies then.

This great idea would sound great to you I am sure but to up here its just another way the south east corner to rape our recourses as it has over the years.

Tell me sir what do we get out of this great deal or do we get shafted once again.:bang:

Every time you turn the TV all you hear is how the south east corner is getting a new road a new bridge and so on when we cant get the major roads fixed up here, this maybe how chance to black mail the south east corner to pay for us up here for a change.

Its not good that the water supply is very low down your way but that’s something that should have been managed better buy the powers to be down your way in stead of the throwing money around so liberally they should have look at increasing your storage capacity or setting up water purification plants.

Anyway aside for all this I dough very much it will ever happen simply because of the cost and I know it’s a very hot talking point amongst the people up this way I am sure they wont stand by and let this happen.

Cheers and have a great day I got to go shift my hoses, watering the lawns again.

Bye.
:thumbsup:

shumway

Son of satan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 6/71 blown and injected 355 V6
I agree with the people that thinks about time we start recycling water,but i also think we build a desalination plant in S.E Queensland to start refilling dams in the S.E corner and further out west as they say with above average falls it will still take 10 years to get the dams in these areas up to 40% capacity whats our other option move south into mexico,something has to be done now before its to late:rip:

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Well I maybe well am a fool but I am not stupid if the pipeline was to ever be connected to the north’s water supplies it would deplete our water supplies then.

This great idea would sound great to you I am sure but to up here its just another way the south east corner to rape our recourses as it has over the years.

Tell me sir what do we get out of this great deal or do we get shafted once again.:bang:

Every time you turn the TV all you hear is how the south east corner is getting a new road a new bridge and so on when we cant get the major roads fixed up here, this maybe how chance to black mail the south east corner to pay for us up here for a change.

Its not good that the water supply is very low down your way but that’s something that should have been managed better buy the powers to be down your way in stead of the throwing money around so liberally they should have look at increasing your storage capacity or setting up water purification plants.

Anyway aside for all this I dough very much it will ever happen simply because of the cost and I know it’s a very hot talking point amongst the people up this way I am sure they wont stand by and let this happen.

Cheers and have a great day I got to go shift my hoses, watering the lawns again.

Bye.
:thumbsup:
what do you get out of it? how bout this, everytime it floods up their they have it setup so that when it does, water filling the dams can be sent south to fill our dams, we get water you get rid of unwanted water, also it won't jst all be comming from your place, they were talking about hooking up all resivours and dams along the coast so at anytime those in need can get it.
honestly think its a great idea. if you don't then fine by me.