Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Queenslands Water Crisis!!

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I wouldnt use recycled water for drinking. Dont matter how pure the water is just thinking about where it come's from would make me sick while drinking it.

Like some of the others have alluded to, where do you think the water coming out of your taps came from in the first place? If you're willing to drink water out of a muddy dam or bore (which I can guarantee has things living eating and crapping in it) that get's stored in a header tank with a full foot of organic sludge at the bottom, why are you so queasy about the idea of drinking purified waste water? It's the same damn stuff, in fact probably of a better quality than most drinking supplies in Australia.

jacko

Reaction score
i'm all for it, gold coast water doesnt taste the best now anyway, cant get much worse. about time the government did something now anyway! :thumbsup:

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Like some of the others have alluded to, where do you think the water coming out of your taps came from in the first place? If you're willing to drink water out of a muddy dam or bore (which I can guarantee has things living eating and crapping in it) that get's stored in a header tank with a full foot of organic sludge at the bottom, why are you so queasy about the idea of drinking purified waste water? It's the same damn stuff, in fact probably of a better quality than most drinking supplies in Australia.
She simply has no idea,literally.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I prefer my water to come from the dam no matter how filthy they are at least it's not 100% recycled bodily fluids (and crap paper, toilet cleaner and whatever else you throw in the loo). they can put it through processing 100 times over, it's not going to make that mental image any better and for some thats enough reason to say no, and fair enough, just like those who love to drink from the bowl so to speak, your choice fair enough just don't breath near me.:thumbsup:

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
I prefer my water to come from the dam no matter how filthy they are at least it's not 100% recycled bodily fluids (and crap paper, toilet cleaner and whatever else you throw in the loo). they can put it through processing 100 times over, it's not going to make that mental image any better and for some thats enough reason to say no, and fair enough, just like those who love to drink from the bowl so to speak, your choice fair enough just don't breath near me.:thumbsup:

Your (all those against the proposed) gonna wanna have a deep pocket then to fork out for Mount Franklin etc everytime you want a drink, which is probably out of the tap anyways!! I know this summer ive ben pumping the water into myself, and its only gonna get worse.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
what it comes down to is this
when the times comes if i need to drink recycled water i will, i wanna live. it's as simple as that. the rain will come, it has to come, droughts do end, it's just a mater of weather we have enough water here to last

for all those who are interested (those that live interstate) in brisbane we are on level 4 restrictions.
the sommerset, northpine and wivenhoe dams are where we get our water from, (it's suplimented by the cleveland water storage facility on old clevland road) the total amout of water currently stored at the dames is enough to last us untillnovember this year, after that, we are out of water, simple as that. water rationing isnt far of for us, with the shut down of many power stations due any day now.

so my vote is for a yes for recycled water, it's been done everywhere in the world, so why not here, whats so special about us.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
The thing I find stupid about the whole situation is that they have been using recycled water for years in places like London and Washington DC, yet Australia, the driest continent on earth by the way, hasnt started instituting any water conservation until recently. We have taken water for granted for too long in this country.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

You're worried about the mental image? Dude, ever been to a water storage dam? We're talking mud, pond weeds, algae, fish, not to mention a small amount of the faecal matter you are so concerned about that gets washed into it from the catchment area anyway. The water goes through a fair bit of filtration before it gets to you from the dam anyway. What the new scheme is talking about is restoring water to drinkable quality BEFORE it even goes through the existing storage and filtration system. (If I'm reading through the politcal mumbo jumbo correctly) When that water hit's the storage system it will be cleaner than natural run off into the reservoir! It's already being done around the world and even in our own national capital as previously mentioned.

You don't want to drink purified waste water because of the mental image then fine. Just don't think for a second that your objection will stand in the way of guaranteeing the survival of the rest of the Australian population.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
You don't want to drink purified waste water because of the mental image then fine. Just don't think for a second that your objection will stand in the way of guaranteeing the survival of the rest of the Australian population.
NO I WONT DRINK IT!, im not the only one either, thats not to say i wont use **** water for the garden, car, washing etc etc, but im not putting it to my mouth, hell i'll invest in that "fountain/cooroy" fresh spring water, got it at work, cheap as and tastes excellent.

We pay for water as it is, im just choosing to buy mine from the store and not the government.

also i'd rather drink water that comes from a dirty dam and been filtered, then bodily fluids that have been filtered, my excuse and im stickin to it.

just a note, how will this happen if people vote against it? last i saw the votes were standing at 34-64% in favour of not having it. so far it seems people don't want it and i don't blame them.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
NO I WONT DRINK IT!, im not the only one either, thats not to say i wont use **** water for the garden, car, washing etc etc, but im not putting it to my mouth, hell i'll invest in that "fountain/cooroy" fresh spring water, got it at work, cheap as and tastes excellent.

We pay for water as it is, im just choosing to buy mine from the store and not the government.

also i'd rather drink water that comes from a dirty dam and been filtered, then bodily fluids that have been filtered, my excuse and im stickin to it.

just a note, how will this happen if people vote against it? last i saw the votes were standing at 34-64% in favour of not having it. so far it seems people don't want it and i don't blame them.

thats piss funny mate - do you know where that "fresh spring water" comes from? its friggen tap water buddy, straight from the towns drinking supply that the companies factory is located in....so ponder that next time you spend more $ per litre than fuel to buy bottled tap water.