Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattly Dash... Lets fix this...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Is it when you're letting the motor rev out of gear or shifting at higher rpm? If so, it's in the shifter and I've been told by 3 different sources that it's unfixable and all of them do it eventually - well this is for the V8s at least. I call bullshit but have not found anyone who can fix it - had the shifter replaced too and no luck. Not sure if a billet shifter would fix the issue - I'd assume so but have no evidence. Christ that one's annoying!

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
Nothing when Idleing, and comes around past 2k revs and gets abit louder pushing past 4-5k.. The only time I hear it is windows are up and the radio us off.. I dont think it's harming my car. Im also considering a ripshift.. Don't no weather it will fix it or not..

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
The only rattle that i have is under the gear stick. It pees me off but I'm sort of used to it too.

mercho

Reaction score
I have one right in the top centre of the dash in my omega. I think it may be where the centre speaker goes if you have it? Anyone know if its easy to get off?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Anyone seen the new Supercheap Auto ad when the guy has a dash rattle and pulls the whole dash out of his SS only to find a couple of ear rings in the ashtray hahaha

Dunno if Supercheap is national or just WA...

Gee you need to travel a bit. Yes, Supercheap is national with some 250 stores across Australia.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Nothing when Idleing, and comes around past 2k revs and gets abit louder pushing past 4-5k.. The only time I hear it is windows are up and the radio us off.. I dont think it's harming my car. Im also considering a ripshift.. Don't no weather it will fix it or not..

yeah that would be the one - apparently it doesn't do any damage - but there's also nothing that can be done about it. At least that's what they tell me. The only reason I'm thinking of a billet shifter is to lose the rattle - not fussed about the stops or the stronger springs.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
I've noticed on very quiet rattle coming from the driver's door trim, but right up in the top, rear corner - right next to my shoulder - not even sure what's in there to rattle around - it must only be tiny, so I'm not going to pull the trim out for it yet - but will if it gets any worse.

Same here. I don't know if it's in the door or if it's in the pillar where the seat belt is. What i do know is that it's a pain in the ass.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Same here. I don't know if it's in the door or if it's in the pillar where the seat belt is. What i do know is that it's a pain in the ass.

yay.. im not alone.

Im having real issues isolating this one.

It could be the door trim, however im just not 100% if it is. God damn holden. lol

flyjoe180

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sounds like the door trim on mine too, really annoying and it won't do it when Mr Holden technician checks it. Also the tray under the stereo rattles (it's not the removable tray I have discovered but the section underneath fixed to the car).