Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rattly Dash... Lets fix this...

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
I have one right in the top centre of the dash in my omega. I think it may be where the centre speaker goes if you have it? Anyone know if its easy to get off?

yeah same, there are three points of major rattle to the point where driving at times is almost intolerable.

1. center speaker - cheap thin hard plastic ratling up against the mesh

2. rear window of the ute

3. driver seat near the headrest.

Center speaker rattle can probably be fixed by filling with some sort of sealant or even foam tape, but if it would be hidden from view.. that's another story.... the rear window i have done my head in about 6 months or so... still can't pinpoint.... i think it may be the plastic beneath the window.... and driver seat... well... i suppose it could be fixed by some sort of lubrication somewhere within the seat, but good luck pulling it appart and finding out what's wrong... best solution... make a proper ####en interior in the first place... big FU*K you to holden for that.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
yeah same, there are three points of major rattle to the point where driving at times is almost intolerable.

3. driver seat near the headrest.

Could be the same one as what i just fixed in my car above ;)

when you hear it, press hard on the trim in the corner, and see if it stops

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Well!

Today. I did the same thing as I did to the door.

Ripped the dash apart. Was fairly easy actually. Thanks to google.

I put cotton cloth around all white clips, and any screw joins that were suspect, and the result is damn good!

bumps are alot kinder to me now :D

Im really happy with it. Its not perfect but its 90% better.

On the other hand, the door rattle is back, albeit a tiny little bit. Will report back on that one.