Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remove ve fuel tank

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Your doing something wrong.
qg2Snkl.png

agdy9aT.png

OMv5TU5.png
Not that person.
This one. @rognvald261

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
When clicking on name, it says its dormant?
Does that mean its not working?

Well, he has been active in the last day or so.

Start the conversation and see what happens. Nothing to loose.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
how hard did u find it to pull tank ? i have 2 do 2 of them one in mine leaking and smelling one from donar car then put back in mine

Its not that easy by yourself, but not impossible either,
Being there isn't always much room under the car when you do it on the floor when you have it on stands,
Its not that hard really, just have to make sure you do it in the correct sequence, and have all the rights size sockets, spanners,
Take your time, don't rush it,
Took me about 6 hours to pull it apart, but I had to get approx. 50 litres of fuel out of the tank first, otherwise it would of been heavy, then remove parts bit by bit.
Where it only took approx. 5 hours to re-assemble it, again, take you time.
The secret is to put the bolts back in the body where they came out, so you don't lose them, or misplace/move them and can not find them when needed,
I also had about 6 ice cream containers on hand and put some of the parts in them to keep them together.
If you have a Air Compressor, buy yourself a Air-Ratchet,
I found that it was a lot earlier re-assembling the Car with a Air-Ratchet, and then just have to tighten them manually.
Without going into to much detail and banter on here, your welcome to call me,
send me a private message, and I will reply with my number, and you can ask any questions that may help.

Last edited:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
R&R the fuel tank is time consuming, Holden quote same time as replacing the camshaft (10 hours).
BTW I am not Dirk, the pir4te who became the monstar of JC. I understand he offended a friend of a moderator in a message by using a vulgar word (he used a word phonetically similar to “truckbit” to describe Sabbath’s trolling behaviour) in private, which caused hurt so deep and dear he publicly announced the offence to the forum and officially reported to his close moderator friend.
I know Dirk intimately and do understand how constant goading could trip his tongue to vulgarity. Alas Dirk the pir4te and resident monstar is gone from JC but for technical help or a friendly chat outside of JC you can still find Dirk being rather vulgar on FaceBook or YouTube.
Hey, I’m here for friendly mutual help and guidance, don’t tar me with same brush or shoot the messenger ;)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
R&R the fuel tank is time consuming, Holden quote same time as replacing the camshaft (10 hours).
BTW I am not Dirk, the pir4te who became the monstar of JC. I understand he offended a friend of a moderator in a message by using a vulgar word (he used a word phonetically similar to “truckbit” to describe Sabbath’s trolling behaviour) in private, which caused hurt so deep and dear he publicly announced the offence to the forum and officially reported to his close moderator friend.
I know Dirk intimately and do understand how constant goading could trip his tongue to vulgarity. Alas Dirk the pir4te and resident monstar is gone from JC but for technical help or a friendly chat outside of JC you can still find Dirk being rather vulgar on FaceBook or YouTube.
Hey, I’m here for friendly mutual help and guidance, don’t tar me with same brush or shoot the messenger ;)
So Monstar was banned for member abuse or because i brought that abuse to the attention of Moderators?
Using the Just Commodores platform, whether that be in Personal Messages or the open Forum to abuse another member contradicts the Forum rules.

Surely you 'both' can understand that?

lonestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSV
So Monstar was banned for member abuse or because i brought that abuse to the attention of Moderators?
Using the Just Commodores platform, whether that be in Personal Messages or the open Forum to abuse another member contradicts the Forum rules.
Surely you 'both' can understand that?
Very poor form though. Surely both of you see it is the very thing a butt hurt baiting sook would do.
Anyway, keep informing whenever your butt gets too hurt, has done you well thus far ;)

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Very poor form though. Surely both of you see it is the very thing a butt hurt baiting sook would do.
Anyway, keep informing whenever your butt gets too hurt, has done you well thus far ;)

Surely you're running out of usernames by now Monstar?

richard dayle

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve series 1
i gettin ready to do it one day this week now as well as return to dealer and no fuel gauge car will start but be spluttery and dies on acceleration hoping it is all the same thing