Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing front struts on VE II Omega

cameron123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
Hi Guys,

I know there are already a few threads on here about lowering VE's, but i havent found one that addresses this issue.

I bought one of those suspension packages with super low king springs and monroe GT short travel shocks and struts for my VE II omega.

Now, the rears went in no problems, however, when i tried to put the short travel front struts in, the control arm thing that links the front strut to the sway bar thing (the bar with the ball joints) was too short to reach down to its original poosition with the sway bar.

I assume this is because the strut is shorter so the control arm thing needs to be longer??? Is that right or have i just stuffed up somewhere along the line?

Maybe i just need to buy a longer control arm?

If anyone has had this issue I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers.

cameron123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
ive just been told that the reason the control arm wouldnt line up with the sway bar with the new strut in was becasue i didnt have both struts out at the same time!

apparently when both struts are out, the sway bar can be moved to suit the shortened struts!

wish i had of known that yesterday before i put my old struts back in!!!!!!!

bdv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega
Good work mate. I will be doing mine this week. How long did it take you?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you don't have to have them both out at the same time, just refit both ends of the sway bar to the new struts at the same time. With one long strut and one short strut in the car at the same time there will be tension on the sway bar, so it won't line up ..