Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resinator off!!!

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
depends what state your in, the laws are all different. in good old western australia here one ressie is enough, if you take out the back one your left with something called a straight thru. yes there louder and if a cop pulls you over in w.a he wont do didley squat. all i got to say is...too bad for you buggers in other states. lol

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Today i stoped at the traffic lights and a cop pulled up behind me. I just drove off normally and they didnt even look. And my car is pretty loud without the ressie. I just try keep the revs low when cops are around. its still pretty loud but not near as loud as it is when doing over 3000rpm.

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i intalled my exhaust myself and was totaly shcoked at the stock exhaust. have you seen the bend (no mandral bending here ) hold put in em to make em fit, it would of had to be an inch in diamater, what a resriction, anything mendral bended is an improvment, strait throuhg 2.5inch

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i noticed that aswell mate. When i put on my 2.5 inch i could notice a performance difference straight away. I find now it builds up revs a lot quicker. When i go around a corner at about 5kph and plant my foot in 1st gear it just wheelspins and revs straight to 5000rpm and when i put it in 2nd i can still have it wheel spinning. With stock exhaust i couldnt do this.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
coolvncommodore said:
Today i stoped at the traffic lights and a cop pulled up behind me. I just drove off normally and they didnt even look. And my car is pretty loud without the ressie. I just try keep the revs low when cops are around. its still pretty loud but not near as loud as it is when doing over 3000rpm.
Myn has a pretty normal note right through the rev range, Even just moving to 2000rpm it will buzz, Over 3000rpm about the same, If you get up it the note changes from burbles to something i can't explain yet:D But i love it. i have passed a couple of car and there alarms have beeped a couple of times but not gone off whats that?.
coolvncommodore said:
Yeah i noticed that aswell mate. When i put on my 2.5 inch i could notice a performance difference straight away. I find now it builds up revs a lot quicker. When i go around a corner at about 5kph and plant my foot in 1st gear it just wheelspins and revs straight to 5000rpm and when i put it in 2nd i can still have it wheel spinning. With stock exhaust i couldnt do this.
I'm finding it hard to wheel-spin easy now:( When i had the car lowered it was very tight at the rear no spinning unless i wanted it to, then had the Exhaust done wheel spin all corners:D it was hitting 5100rpm spinning and changing into 2nd so i was thinking OMG i need to shift manually if I'm going to play about. Even dropping back to 1st got a chirp of the rear after the exhaust and cat. Then 2 days later i grab some new rear tyres and go bigger 225's Bloody awesome tyres in dry and wet very confidante in the wet like never before. Now it's harder to spin like before they grip harder, even in the wet you can get them going but they grip i might see about the fronts to:D

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
which exhaust shop did you go to coolvn???

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tuggeranong muffler and exhaust centre. I rang around a few places and they were one of the cheepest i could find so i went with them.

Edit: I just relised that you were probly asking where i got the ressie off. I got my exhaust from Tuggeranong but got the ressie taken off in Quenbeyan. its called Quenbeyan Combined brake and exhaust.

HSV_90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA 3.08 90
I Got My 1st Ressie Of & It Sounded Good Until U Back Off The Gas And Made A Haunting Noise For 50 Bucks,Then Got Last 1 Of And Got A Twin 3 Inch Drop Pipe And It Sounds Good Now

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
all this bitching and i have a rb 1.5 litre fwd gemini with two hot dogs on it and no cat. seeing a pos gemini with a 2 1/2 inch exhaust is funny as sin, pity im driving it. cops pulled me over 3 days ago and didnt say a thing like ya said it varies from state to state

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
slick, thats a nice note:D... but the main question is do you have alot of drone? or any? because i dont care if its loud..... but if its drones id get sik of it within the 1st day:D...