Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Revving issues

Colin Tareeala

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vy SS sadan ( Cosmo purple) auto
Hi, i recently got my 2007 ve 6sp ss mafless tuned and otr , day after driving it back to home to mackay we stopped in at a servo and the rpm stayed at 3000 ( it still does now ) was done about 2 months. It drives itself without accelerating , its just a real pig and dangerous my missus has to drive it everyday.
Things we have done to try solve the problem >

1 tried new accelerator
2 new throttle body
3 checked for vaccume leaks
We have tried everything and no luck

The tuner keeps telling us its not the tune
Other tuners tells us it is. The tuner also has locked the computer

I just dont know what to do anymore its very fustrating and hard as i work away 7/7 roster and missus uses it everyday. The tuner is 4 hours away

Has anybody at all had this same issue ?

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
That’s insane! I’d threaten that you want this fixed or you’ll be taking him to fair trading, especially if he supplied the OTR. It definitely sounds like a bad tune or faulty goods/work. Fair trading might have some advice for you but I wouldn’t drive it until it’s fixed, who knows what else he’s screwed up. He may also try to say the damage was caused by you driving it. I’m not sure what else I can say mate, I hope someone else has some more advice. Good luck.

Colin Tareeala

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vy SS sadan ( Cosmo purple) auto
That’s insane! I’d threaten that you want this fixed or you’ll be taking him to fair trading, especially if he supplied the OTR. It definitely sounds like a bad tune or faulty goods/work. Fair trading might have some advice for you but I wouldn’t drive it until it’s fixed, who knows what else he’s screwed up. He may also try to say the damage was caused by you driving it. I’m not sure what else I can say mate, I hope someone else has some more advice. Good luck.
Thanks mate , yeah originally $1500 for the tune and otr and now we are over $2000+ in trying to resolve the issue :/

Slick_Vp_23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV M6
Thanks mate , yeah originally $1500 for the tune and otr and now we are over $2000+ in trying to resolve the issue :/
Far out, that’s terrible mate. I hope you are able to sort this out and get your money back. The OTR itself would have a warranty, if it’s the OTR that ends up being the problem, the manufacturer should have to front repair costs. I’d definitely have a chat with Fair Trading though. Hope you enjoy your weekend despite the dramas!