Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rim Suggestions for Atomic Green VE Ute

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Hey everyone,

This is my first post, although I have been lurking for some time :p

I am the proud owner of a 2010 VE Ute(3.6l SIDI) in "Atomic Green". I would like to upgrade the rims in the near future,but at the moment I am quite uninspired and honestly have no idea what I would like to put on it :/. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am very open minded.

Thanks,
George

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Probably leaning towards 20' but like I said, I'm open minded.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
how about speedy cheetahs, black centres, polished alloy lip or any rim in that colour combo, 20x10'rear,275 or285 tyres, 8.5 front with 245"s, lowered on ssl kings all round. I reckon that"d look sweet as even though I'm not a fan of atomic

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Yeah I was thinking about that combo, black centres with either a polished lip or a matching green. I don't really want to lower it, mainly because I still have to go over some pretty rough ground sometimes, farm. Thanks for the replies so far :)

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Yeah I was thinking about that combo, black centres with either a polished lip or a matching green. I don't really want to lower it, mainly because I still have to go over some pretty rough ground sometimes, farm. Thanks for the replies so far :)

Considering you won't be lowering it (or by much if you decide to), I would stay away from the black center. Good choice going for 20's, much better for ride comfort and for performance. But in 20's, having a black center and polished lip creates the illusion that the wheels are smaller than they actually are. They end up looking like 19s or 18s in the VE's huge wheel arches. Go for silver centre with a polished lip, will look much bigger. Alternatively, all black cheetahs may be cool?

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Considering you won't be lowering it (or by much if you decide to), I would stay away from the black center. Good choice going for 20's, much better for ride comfort and for performance. But in 20's, having a black center and polished lip creates the illusion that the wheels are smaller than they actually are. They end up looking like 19s or 18s in the VE's huge wheel arches. Go for silver centre with a polished lip, will look much bigger. Alternatively, all black cheetahs may be cool?

Yeah, I guess with the Green wall it would look the same, due to the space in the wheel arches?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi Mate,

Congrats on your purchase, I myself did see an atomic wagon with 20inch supersports which looked fantastic with a slight lowering imo.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Almost anything concave.

you can get away with black, white, gun metal, silver - or almost anything in between.

Have a look at DTM wheels on the local market - they have some that are pure sex - some of the hottest looking wheels available locally. Outside of that, I'd be looking overseas - Breyton, Advan, Niche, etc.

Congratulations on the purchase.. and for picking the right colour!

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
I have actually had it for sometime now, a year actually! It was brand new on september the 5th 2010! Time flies.. And Atomic is undoubtedly the best colour Holden has done to date... in my opinion :p I can't believe they discontinued it! :(