Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Round corners & not threw !

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I have the DMS 40mm's fitted to my car and can vouch that they are very good quality and give a lot of confidence into corners if set up right.

Last edited:

bzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEIIR/UTE
I have the DMS 40mm's fitted to my car and can vouch that they are very good quality and give a lot of confidence into corners if set up right.

What was the noticeable difference in the handling of the DMS's. More travel as in flat out over bumps & rises & rear wheels not spinning, less body roll, more slide, quicker turing, tyre wear, your thoughts are appreciated & wanted, cheers.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Pedders xa coilovers, superpro void bushes & bigger swaybars front & back.

He said upgrade. Talk to forum sponsor GSL Rallysport.

Reaper

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
He said upgrade. Talk to forum sponsor GSL Rallysport.

Reaper
Whats wrong with the pedders coilovers? I have read alot of feedback that they are good value for money without spending big $$$??

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
What was the noticeable difference in the handling of the DMS's. More travel as in flat out over bumps & rises & rear wheels not spinning, less body roll, more slide, quicker turing, tyre wear, your thoughts are appreciated & wanted, cheers.

Considering that my old suspension setup was stuffed (Monroe shocks leaking oil) it was an improvement in every way possible haha

Lets see:

* Over bumps it takes the initial hit a bit harder than my old setup, but not in an extremely harsh way (hard to explain) and before you know it you feel the wheels are planted back onto the road. Small bumps are very noticeable just driving on a road you will feel the car jumping up and down ever so slightly, because of this the first time you drive your car, you expect to break your back when you hit a large bump, but you are surprised as it feels smooth over the larger bumps (again hard to explain).

* Tyre wear is **** but that's my fault as I got more negative camber put into the front when they were installed, I have a series 1 VT so the back tires don't last long as well lol.

* Rear wheels used to spin all the time but that was with not as good tires, I now run Pirelli Pzero nero's on my car and get minimal wheel spin, I also have an open diff which doesn't help, soon to be a LSD.

* About 8 months ago I had a swaybar link pin break, I didn't notice it was broken until I went to service my car. I had driven it hard on a certain road that day and it felt fine, I did not notice one bit of abnormal body roll in my car that day or any previously, it was as if the pin was not broken and the swaybar was still doing what it's needed to do. I have read before that Greg from GSL has previously run a Hyundai Excel rally car with no swaybars as the DMS's eliminated nearly all the body roll of the car.

* When I jack my car up from the front or the rear jacking points, my car lifts both wheels off the ground of the side I'm jacking up.

With 30 bump & rebound adjustments you can find the right setup for your liking.

Speak to Greg as he looked after me with the DMS's.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions I can try to answer them for you.

Cheers
Glenn

bzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEIIR/UTE
Thanks, yep, tells me some good things.To all, please, this is not a pissing match, I'm trying to get good positive info from people that have upgraded their suspension & what their thoughts are, if you don't like something I don't want to know. Your own experiences would be appreciated, not your mothers, brothers, uncles dad or what he said, thanks & have a good one,cheers.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've got bilstein shocks and H&R springs in my ute and a larger rear sway bar, handles really nice in the corners.

bzr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEIIR/UTE
What was the cost all up & was it a huge improvement over stock? Cheers jim.

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
How much do lower is it with the H & R springs BigJim ?
I'm fitting the Bilsteins/H & R springs myself tomorrow.