Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

S.O.S!

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Prob over 5 grand.

So here's an idea, buy another VZ with a stuffed engine/gearbox/or something wrong for dirt cheap (or VY, VX, whatever) and combined with the good parts from your VZ you can build your own new car for probably a lot less then getting it fixed (and also sell off extra parts you don't need to make a bit of extra cash)

Done it plenty of times before.

Or just write it off, sell it for parts and buy another one, or something else, whatever floats your boat.

Jw1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz executive (w. Police pack)
Prob over 5 grand.

So here's an idea, buy another VZ with a stuffed engine/gearbox/or something wrong for dirt cheap (or VY, VX, whatever) and combined with the good parts from your VZ you can build your own new car for probably a lot less then getting it fixed (and also sell off extra parts you don't need to make a bit of extra cash)

Done it plenty of times before.

Or just write it off, sell it for parts and buy another one, or something else, whatever floats your boat.

Think I'll just pay the $$$ im not mechanically minded as everyone else here

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Look into getting a few quotes to get it fixed but also look at the price for another car, it might be better to get a new car and sell this one off for whatever someone will pay.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
If you're willing and able to part it out, you'll probably get a few more bucks for it that way than selling it whole as is.

Jw1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah cheaper to buy a new VZ than fix it.
Look into getting a few quotes to get it fixed but also look at the price for another car, it might be better to get a new car and sell this one off for whatever someone will pay.

Perhaps, but i don't think I'll come across an ex-detective vz with 130k ever again, i really want to stick with this one, but if it's too much i might have to say buh-bye

Jw1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you're willing and able to part it out, you'll probably get a few more bucks for it that way than selling it whole as is.

Im not a fan of that idea, but if i have no other choice....

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Assuming i was speeding are you? Lol
Did I say speeding? You were obviously going too fast to have proper control of your vehicle. And to do that kind of damage you weren't going at walking pace. So... "lol"

Jw1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did I say speeding? You were obviously going too fast to have proper control of your vehicle. And to do that kind of damage you weren't going at walking pace. So... "lol"

You're obviously trying to stir the proverbial pot, i dont know if you live in tas or not but some of the t-junctions here are very long and 'soft' ( igurss is the right way to describe it) abd your right i wast going "walking pace" o was doing the speed limit enforced by law.

Last edited: