Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Safety Recall] Electric Power Steering — MY2014 to MY2016 Holden & HSV, VF Commodore & WN Caprice

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ricey will know exactly what parts Holden are going to replace for this recall
He is a mechanic at Holden
There’s talk of it being months before Holden does anything, due to not having the parts ... is it possible that the rack isn’t a serviceable item at the moment just because you can’t buy the individual parts separately, but that in order to make their task cheaper Holden will now have a separate part made?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought that, because it probably should have been added to this thread rather than a new one, the post by villn808 was worth mentioning here; because it includes an image of a letter from Holden.

We were waiting for these letters to start coming out in order to see progress, weren’t we?

sgo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
letter received today, suggests repairs will start "mid 2019"

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
my letter came today and said the same "mid 2019"

frnt.jpg

bck.jpg

John Revill

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.2L A6
I just had my power steering go on my MY15 WN Caprice. A 2 tonne front heavy V8 with wide 19" wheels (Stock for caprice) is almost impossible to maneuver with no assistance. I have driven non power steering cars before, but that was dangerous. I was lifting my arse out of the seat trying to force the wheel to turn. And to rub salt into my already sore arse wound, my VIN is not on the recall list and my local Holden Dealership has said my car is not affected by the defect and I will incur costs. Even though my symptoms are exactly the same. I will be writing a letter to Holden HQ about this. Not happy.

Attachments

• 20191022_095053_720p.jpg
    20191022_095053_720p.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 298

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Is the VF 1 fitted with a standard GM component or is it VF specific? Australian made?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Is the VF 1 fitted with a standard GM component or is it VF specific? Australian made?

At the time, the steering gear was VF specific and if my memory serves me correctly, the supplier is Mando (Korea).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
At the time, the steering gear was VF specific and if my memory serves me correctly, the supplier is Mando (Korea).
The way you know it's not a component fitted to any GM car in the US is because if it'd been fitted to any GM car in the US then 3x as many people as actually ever owned one would have been taking part in a class-action law suit for a trillionty billionty dollars against GM three years ago. Hence, it would've been resolved back then.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Had mine done last week. In and out in 2 hours. Happy with results. Hunter Holden at Ryde