Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service Cost

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
As a comparsion for a big gen 11 Toyota Kluger AWD Model.
I had the 40,000 service done last November, The 40,000 service is considered a big service for the Kluger and includes oil changes on the AWD diffs. This service is not priced within there Advantage reduced priced basic service plan.

Toyota dealer charged $420

I will be requesting a quote in future for my Ve Berlina before work starts after hearing what they charged you. I reckon you should write that letter.

Cheers Garry

does that mean 10'000k servicing cause thats a bit soft

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
When any of my cars are under new car warranty, I take them to ultratune. I tell them to use a genuine oil filter and i choose from a list of oils they offer. I give them $100 plus GST and they sign my book. I do all the other work myself EG diff, gearbox ,coolant ,brake fluid ETC, all changed every two years. Sounds like a few people are getting ripped off.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Geez all that extra work and not even a phone call to confirm with you if its ok to go ahead and if you can afford it , sounds like ned kelly is alive and well , just aswell you didnt have a bottom end knock they might have dropped in a rebuilt motor for you .
good to hear you had a win , but wot about the next poor sucker ( someone's mum or dad ) you isnt as lucky as you ....

I suppose that's the advantage he thinks he has being in the "Performance" side of the market. He can do the work, and then expect them to pay for it when he's gone and done it. It's a **** way to run a business. Even worse is then not apologising but lashing out with insults at the customer.

burgo45d

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Ute
i got quoted 400 ish for my 60000 service.. they use near 100bucks in oil cause its that mobil1.. then sting ya for labour

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i got quoted 400 ish for my 60000 service.. they use near 100bucks in oil cause its that mobil1.. then sting ya for labour

$280 quoted for my 45,000 at chevs performance VACC accredited

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
$280 quoted for my 45,000 at chevs performance VACC accredited

Since this, I tried booking it in with chevs, but something popped up and I couldnt justify leaving my car there all day for a 2 hour service...

I was contacted by a bloke called Mick on the ls1 forums who owns 'Pitlane Performance' in frankston, and said if I dropped the car off for a few hours, he would prioritise me (looked in his diary, gave me a good time in the arvo to pop in)

I drove down, the area looked abit dirty as most industrial area's do, but their shop stuck out. Was really well presented. Anyway to cut things short, im really happy with the service!! I went shopping and had some lunch at city bay shopping center, came back and it was finished, alot cheaper then Holden, and cheaper then Chevs.

Top bloke, nice crew, definetly going there again, its VACC everything, so don't loose out on my warranty.

Cheers

Jode

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Shp Around

I have a Ve SSV, and just had my 46k service. Cost $653

break it down;
power steering fluid $44
45k service $220
wheel align $45
brake fluid flush $45
1x oil filter, 1x battery cen (WHATS THAT??), 1x element A/CL (WHATS THAT??) 1x brake fluid total $111
engine oil $66
pwer steering flush & fluid $40
workshop supplies $14
waste oil disposal levy $6

can anyone tell me what they were charged for their 45k service, is it normal to get slugged that much. And can anyone recommend another mechanics who are just as good and not that pricy?

You should always shop around and get a fixed price service all inclusive parts and labour and GST. I just had a service including oil and filters for $260 parts and labour but I was originally quoted $330.

A/CL is Air cleaner (Air Fliter)
Batt Cen is new battery for your central locking remote.

Your service really should have included parts and labour for your service and workshop including A/CL about $20, Oil Filter about $20, engine oil $66, workshop supplies $14, dispoal $6 plus $220. Total $346.

That's the standard recommend price but I had it done all inclusive for $260. That's the fleet price.
The parts you got burgled on were the parts for $111 minus the oil filter and air cleaner, the power steering service and the brake service, they really aren't required, You obviously chose the wheel alignment.

power steering fluid $44

aedeau

Reaction score
Members Ride
My 10 VE SS ute AFM
Hey guys,

I've got my 15k/12month service due basically now. I've been quoted between $300-350. Tried PT, Elite here in brissie and one local dealer. Dealer was the most expensive of course. Anybody comment on if $300 is a fair price? When I did the same service in my 08 clubby in 09, it only cost me $220 from one of the same places I called up.

farkernell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Just got a couple of quotes for a 90k service. I have a VE SS 2007 model, auto sedan. Two Holden dealers told me around $500 for the service. I asked about the need to change the plugs. One said it didn't need doing but to check the service book. He said anyway it would cost $490 and would include what was mentioned in the book. I rang another dealer he told me the same thing. I told him about the plugs and he said he was looking at the series 2. I asked what price for the series 1. The 90k service was now going to cost over $800. Would have been nice to book it in, rock up and then be told that the service was going to cost another $300. I told the first dealer that they need to make sure they checked what is required. Needless to say I won't be going to holden, again.

Maddy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute Auto
Not sure anyone is still interested. Mine is in for 45K service - V8 Auto VE Calais Sportswagon- and have been quoted $490.00