Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i upgrade the SS

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
Thanks guys. I have the base SS.
So I'm liking the seats, Sv alloys audio and the sound of the 6.2.
I've loved the vf but just looking at those shiny new hsvs makes mine look like shite.

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
Damn you "buyers remorse" At the end of the day mate if you like the HSV and your budget can extend and isn't goin to cripple you do it. But think about this you go in buy an R8 and then 3 months later you walk in see a GTS will you want to do the same thing again ? personally I`d save time and cash and get a GTS later down the line

Mik001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
GTS. Mmmm
I see your point.
Look who knows what will go thru my head in 3 months. But now its the r8 and that's about all I can afford

Mack78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 and VK berlina 3.3
either way you go aslong as you are smiling that's what counts. Would love to be in this situation :)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I've loved the vf but just looking at those shiny new hsvs makes mine look like shite.

Sounds like the HSV may be exactly what your after, in that case go for it! If money wasn't an issue i would get the HSV over the a redline but if money is a factor the redline is the better bang for your buck.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM

The SSV and especially the SSV Redline are a substantial upgrade from the base SS in my opinion, but obviously the R8 is on another level in terms of appearance, and the 6.2 is a little quicker.
Does anyone know the difference in cost to insure an HSV compared to an SS, just roughly.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0

Tune - Intake - exhaust - cam......you will soon forget about your SS being a "base model".
The Dealers will try to screw you over with change-over $$$$.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Just make sure you sell your ss privately or you are bound to get bent over and reamed on the change over. If you sell it private you will get substantially more and you will be in a position to negotiate the price on the r8.
Good luck to you, I totally understand the "I just gotta have one " motivation it bites at me constantly ,but I'm happy with my ssv and I'm keeping it !

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I suppose it comes down to what makes you happy.

I see it as just taste and aesthetics and personal desire. I'm not attracted to the latest HSVs, but the SSVs, hell yeah. HSV VE's, I prefer.

Label
Performance
Cost
Happiness