Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI into VZ

Strad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
Hi Guy's, I have a ZZ wagon which is starting to get a few K's up, and would say I am going to run into issues with the amount of wear on the trans and motor, no hurry still ok. The rest of the car is spot on, always looked after suspension and steering been redone last year, driver and passenger re- buil and rest of car near spot on. I am going to only need to think of driveline and would like to keep the wagon for a lot longer, so come time for engine trans rebuild, I am wondering if I can get the dash etc to play with nice with the engine computer on a VF SIDI ??

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Not easily. The VE2/VF wiring is significantly different even from VE1, not to mention you'll probably run into a plethora of security issues.

Strad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
Yes, all my issues would be on the electronic/wiring side, the mechanical issues would be minimal, yoke tailshaft, exhaust, possible batt relocation, really be nice if someone else had dealt with this before!! I can see I will be doing a lot of google and ringing around!!!

Jordie Bailey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
This seems to be the same sort of situation im in. i was wondering what you would need to put a supercharged L67 into a vz? please help me out if you can!

cheers,

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
This seems to be the same sort of situation im in. i was wondering what you would need to put a supercharged L67 into a vz? please help me out if you can!

cheers,

Don't. The VZ never came with an L67 so the conversion will never be legal because of emissions. Not to mention, the VZ doesn't have the Ecotec as a base engine so absolutely nothing in the VZ will work with the L67, the L67 won't even bolt in and the gearbox won't bolt up.

You'd be far better off just buying a VY or something else that already has one.

Daniel Sammon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
Hi just got back from roaf trip in my newly purchased vx V6 Auto. $80 to fill up and getting 800km. That's nearly the same as my little excel. Is this normal for ecotecs.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
^^^^^^^^^
Yep. I got 1,000kms from a tank in my old VY ser 1. At one stage when I filled up after country driving the range went up to 1,200km. My brother got 1,000km from a tank in his VY ser 2. It's normal.