Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz wagon new trans problems

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
Hi I’m looking for help with my vz 2007 auto wagon I just got a new engine and trans put it by a shop and the engine seems to be running perfectly but the trans is slipping in third I believe don’t no to but about transmissions but easiest way to explain is it won’t change into 3 unless I let off the gas and cars going over around 52kmh can hear the gear drag on for what seems like forever before it finally changes when I let me foot off and on a side note how much would this cost as my friends believe I got ripped off but I’m not sure

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
When was your automatic box last serviced properly?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hi I’m looking for help with my vz 2007 auto wagon I just got a new engine and trans put it by a shop and the engine seems to be running perfectly but the trans is slipping in third I believe don’t no to but about transmissions but easiest way to explain is it won’t change into 3 unless I let off the gas and cars going over around 52kmh can hear the gear drag on for what seems like forever before it finally changes when I let me foot off and on a side note how much would this cost as my friends believe I got ripped off but I’m not sure
5 speed?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes 5 speed
Best to take it to a trusted trans tech for assessment. We can tell you all day long the problems the 5 speed has and what might be the problem but you will need a proper diagnosis. Here's hoping it's not requiring a rebuild.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Please let us know how you get on. The 5 speed are the problem child in the GM transmission line up and would be good to hear back what the diagnosis was.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Sorry to hear it’s a 5 speed.
Keep us informed please.

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
I have spoken to the shop that done the job and they believe they may have been sold a faulty transmission as they only paid $700 for this current transmission but most five speed transmission are going for around $1500-$1600 i paid total 1000 for this one to be supplied and installed but if worst comes to worst will be taking it back hopefully on Monday for a refund on that transmission and to get the better one for a extra $800 on top of what I already paid