Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz wagon new trans problems

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
Is there any other trans that would work better that’s less problematic as I know there are the 4speed autos but how much work would that be to make that work with my car

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
And I just worked out that I have a Leo 10hbh engine and on the vin card on the car says it’s meant to have the m30 trans witch is the 4 speed so some how the wrong transmission has been in the car from the start as it’s had the five speed with the 10hbh since I first got the car

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
And I just worked out that I have a Leo 10hbh engine and on the vin card on the car says it’s meant to have the m30 trans witch is the 4 speed so some how the wrong transmission has been in the car from the start as it’s had the five speed with the 10hbh since I first got the car
That's pretty interesting that a 5 speed was fitted... What trim level is your VZ Wagon?

Is it the new engine that has the 5 speed or the engine that was in the car already?

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
I had the engine and transmission changed to exactly was was originally in the car before so the 5 speed was on both old and new engines

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
They may have? They knew it was extra cheap and potentially a dud? Awesome. I'd deal with them more often.

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
They may have? They knew it was extra cheap and potentially a dud? Awesome. I'd deal with them more often.
They said they were told there was no problem with the transmission but we were all a bit worried due to the price but now it’s confusing on what transmission was meant to be in it in the first place

Tjwilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz wagon
How would I go about figuring out the exact transmission that suits my engine as I’m lost as I’ve seen a lot of people with the m30 trans code on there vin for all different makes and models

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That car is a history.
A 5L40e trans isn’t going to just run in any old car. It has to have the electronics set up for it.
You may well have a Frankenstein Wagon with someone mixing matching and having mad electronic skills and equipment to get it working.

Normally the 5L40e was paired with the LY7 engine.

4L60e was paired with the LE0.