Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Skylines

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
If skylines are so great, why is every one comparing them to VL's?
They're just a Bogan "sports" (read family) car.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
lada`s pwn all.

i reckon a G63 turbo would pull a decent figure. that is a great car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
whats the difference in price between a commo and a skyline?????????????????????

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
Before I got the Clubsport I was taking a very hard look at R33's and R34's. In the end I decided that the V8 Holden was much better suited to my needs. I like being able to have more than one passenger in the car with me. I also felt that the V8 would be easier to live with day after day.

I've had a hard-on for Skylines since the R32's came out. They are engineering masterpeices and anyone who denies this is only fooling themselves, they are also one of the most plain looking cars on the road. Silvia's are a much better looking car. The other problem I have with Skylines is that they are just as common as Commodores and Falcons these days, every 3rd house on the Gold Coast has a R33 in the driveway.

When it comes to jap cars though Supras>everything else.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I had a 180sx before the commodore, awesome car, can't deny it. But not very comfy, I fit 3 passengers in it once, and the rear ones had their heads to the side to fit in (they were only around 5'10) and me and the front seat passenger were hard pressed up against the dash. I managed to drive like that for 10 minutes!

Still, one day when I can afford it I will go back to the japs and get an R32 GTR and go nuts on it, race spec. Gonna keep the commodore tho, love the v8 sound and the living room sized interior.

BTW: there is a sub 10 sec 2.2L street legal and driven 180sx in japan :)

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
BTW: there is a sub 10 sec 2.2L street legal and driven 180sx in japan :)
Sure there is more than one, you can get that time without stroking it, but they all still understeer like a pig. (180s and silvias)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Sure there is more than one, you can get that time without stroking it, but they all still understeer like a pig. (180s and silvias)

You mean Oversteer right ;)

Yeah, but the one I saw was completely street legal, there probably are heaps more, less now I guess tho.

mats02ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I seriously considered buying an R32 GTR and test drove a few including my mates 400+hp GTR..they are really great cars to drive but just not practical as a daily driver!
I was looking for a nice daily and something for long comfy cruises so I quickly changed my mind after finding a one owner 2002 VX SS,low k's,leather interior and sunroof for pretty much the same price as a 1992 GTR! I don't regret buying the SS at all,mind you this was 6 yrs ago now and it's always been reliable..same can't be said for the majority of R32's which are pushing 20+ years old now!
In saying that,I'd still love a weekend GTR just for fun.
The massive influx of lower spec 2wd skylines into aus turned me off the idea of owning one too...way too common!

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
AWD TX3 turbo for me. anything small and awd with a turbo is the ****. it rather zip around corners they do 240 down main street.