Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slight shutter.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It doesn’t have leads.

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
No leds I didn't realise I haven't worked on cars for years I gave up when the computers in cars took over my last ute was a VY 2003. I have spoken to the dealer and he is going too fix it he has already told me it's on him so all good there. It's under warranty for 3 months it's only been a week. Cheers.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Sorry to get OT. Will move post

Last edited:

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Ok thanks all,for your comments I do appreciate them. I had a professional auto repair person drive my vf ute today. It is the talk converter horay finally been diagnosed. We went for a drive for a few Ks he could tell by what the taco was doing and from his exsperiance he could also tell that it was the talk converter which is what I though originally or the injectors. When I planted it on the highway from almost a stop and took it to 180ks there was no splutter and any disruption to the motor so that really ruled out the injectors. There is no vibration in the gear box and it shutted slightly when not changing gear so that rule the gear box out. He also,said that there may be a valve that might be sticking not sure where that is but I know he new what he was talking about. He has been fixing autos for years plus diff's and everything in between and also plays with speed cars. So there we have it the talk converter. Just need to get it fixed. I'll keep you posted till it's fixed and when it's fixed.
Cheers.

Reactions: Lex

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
very expensive to fix those issues unfortunately. torque coverter is located in your gearbox. valves are in the cylinder head. you may get lucky if it's just a lifter, spring or even the valve guides. bent valve & the head will have to come off. then you need to ask why that happened? Bad timing chain?
Cars are an absolute pain in the neck

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ok thanks all,for your comments I do appreciate them. I had a professional auto repair person drive my vf ute today. It is the talk converter horay finally been diagnosed. We went for a drive for a few Ks he could tell by what the taco was doing and from his exsperiance he could also tell that it was the talk converter which is what I though originally or the injectors. When I planted it on the highway from almost a stop and took it to 180ks there was no splutter and any disruption to the motor so that really ruled out the injectors. There is no vibration in the gear box and it shutted slightly when not changing gear so that rule the gear box out. He also,said that there may be a valve that might be sticking not sure where that is but I know he new what he was talking about. He has been fixing autos for years plus diff's and everything in between and also plays with speed cars. So there we have it the talk converter. Just need to get it fixed. I'll keep you posted till it's fixed and when it's fixed.
Cheers.

Sorry, but anyone that takes a car upto 180KPH only knows how to flog a car in my book. (That's if I am reading your message properly)

Hope for your sake he can walk the walk and not just talk the talk

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d say 180 is a typo. 100 maybe.

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Yes it’s a typo it should have been 120ks, in my younger day most people took their car up to the ton 170ks modern cars will do that no worries. I see hopeless people who can’t drive a car these days. I learnt to drive the old way so I would have no problem taking a modern car up to 180-200 should do it no worries as i can drive a car. As for “very expensive to fix those issues unfortunately” I can see your not a mechanic I was quoted $2,000 to do the talk converter about $1,000 and it a valve need to be replaced that would be about a $1,000 just a close figure of cost give or take a couple of hundred. I can see you have never taken a gear box off before, it’s not that hard mate so $2,000 give or take isn’t that much for that kind of job. As I said I did speak to a professional.
Cheers.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
$3000 isn't expensive? OK. I'm sure you can afford it, but for most people it's a lot of money.
By the way, it's a torque converter, not a "talk" converter.

Last edited: