Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slight shutter.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
a valve need to be replaced
I think the valve ha is talking about would be inside the trans.

To get to the torque converter, up on a hoist, out with exhaust, tailshaft. Drop the trans, with torque converter (tc) on it. Take the t/c of the trans, put some dex 111 into the tc, mount back on trans, onto trans jack. Then mount back behind the engine, then bolting it back to the engine. Refitting all the items taken of for the disassembly.

That includes electrical plugs that l forgot to mention for the disassembly.

When all back together, fill with dex 111.

Before this they probably would test the servos (right word?) with a scanner, to make sure they are all working?
If not when the trans is out open up the box & replace the correct servo & possibly test the wiring harness first.

Well something like that? ;) :cool:

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Thanks Lex you have an idea of what to do and how it's done from what I have found out and know that seems right. I have it booked in to the guy who looked at it so I'm confident he knows what he's doing. Thank all for your comments. Cheers.

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Sorry, but anyone that takes a car upto 180KPH only knows how to flog a car in my book. (That's if I am reading your message properly)

Hope for your sake he can walk the walk and not just talk the talk
No reply to my reply? You don't really flog a car by taking it up to 180 your thinking of thrashing it, doing burnouts, revving it all the time, speeding around to place. So not sure what your talking about.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Ok thanks all,for your comments I do appreciate them. I had a professional auto repair person drive my vf ute today. It is the talk converter horay finally been diagnosed. We went for a drive for a few Ks he could tell by what the taco was doing and from his exsperiance he could also tell that it was the talk converter which is what I though originally or the injectors. When I planted it on the highway from almost a stop and took it to 180ks there was no splutter and any disruption to the motor so that really ruled out the injectors. There is no vibration in the gear box and it shutted slightly when not changing gear so that rule the gear box out. He also,said that there may be a valve that might be sticking not sure where that is but I know he new what he was talking about. He has been fixing autos for years plus diff's and everything in between and also plays with speed cars. So there we have it the talk converter. Just need to get it fixed. I'll keep you posted till it's fixed and when it's fixed.
Cheers.
I think that guys all torque! :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No reply to my reply? You don't really flog a car by taking it up to 180 your thinking of thrashing it, doing burnouts, revving it all the time, speeding around to place. So not sure what your talking about.

Taking a car upto 180KPH is flogging a car.....It's not necessary for any reason....

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Taking a car upto 180KPH is flogging a car.....It's not necessary for any reason....
Mmmmmm not sure if you understand all the facts, it pretty easy to take a car up to 180 even 200 with out flogging it. It doesn't have to be done in 6 seconds. Like I said years ago most people took their car up to the ton that about 170ks if you don't know, today modern cars can do that easily. So done the right way is certainly not flogging it. I can drive a car better then most so I can walk the talk easily. The problems is today most people can't drive, or cross a railway track in their car so if your scared of driving over 100ks I suggest you try the bus.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mmmmmm not sure if you understand all the facts, it pretty easy to take a car up to 180 even 200 with out flogging it. It doesn't have to be done in 6 seconds. Like I said years ago most people took their car up to the ton that about 170ks if you don't know, today modern cars can do that easily. So done the right way is certainly not flogging it. I can drive a car better then most so I can walk the talk easily. The problems is today most people can't drive, or cross a railway track in their car so if your scared of driving over 100ks I suggest you try the bus.

Taking a car upto those speeds, even gently is flogging it.....

Not scared doing over 100 KPH....Geez, Sunday I did an 800 K round trip, sitting on 120 to 130 most of the way...I still class that as flogging my car, but still don't need to sit on 180 + to find a problem

Craig01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz 06 executive
Taking a car upto those speeds, even gently is flogging it.....

Not scared doing over 100 KPH....Geez, Sunday I did an 800 K round trip, sitting on 120 to 130 most of the way...I still class that as flogging my car, but still don't need to sit on 180 + to find a problem
I think we will have to agree to disagree and move on.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
i could agree with you
but then we would both be wrong :)