Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Nice car man!! :D I reckon a set of thick spoked 20" G8 Rims would look insane on this!!!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Well after the problem with machining the front rotors and having put new bendix pads in, they seem to be settling in so that has sorted itself out. Thank god. Also had the car in at the mechanics today to get a scan of the history and maybe cure my 350km/tank situation. After having it scanned it showed she was running rich on the right side (no idea why) and had had a few codes that never got completely cleared. After having had another catalytic convertor / manifold replaced and 2 brand new oxy sensors just over a month ago, im assuming the computer wouldnt have changed the way it uses the fuel and stayed running rich. Anyway, all previous history is now cleared, just tanked her up on fuel and going to run her easy for a bit seeing as i began to notice if i drove her harder i was getting an extra 50km/tank (go figure) and already after 20km im seeing the fuel usage sitting at 12.9L/100km rather than 14.7L/100km which was the norm..

ANND Need to get some decent quality pics cranking, iphone just isnt worthy enough.

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
12L/100, do you do alot of highway driving? Mines are a fair balance of start stop in the morning/nights and highways during the day.. mine sits at around 16 - 17L/100

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Nah mate not alot of highway, but when i did couple weeks ago got down to 11/100 ;) I have alot of stop and start driving around the city and im used to 14-15/100

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
So bit of an update, fuel efficiency is looking awesome, 320km with 1/4 tank to go steady in 13.4L/100 urban driving wewt! Well worth the computer history wipe.

Had rear guards rolled by kensington park tyre power, top faultless job, highly recommend. Also chucked in the SL rears i have, perfect height, just need the 19s, yet to do fronts, think il get pedders to do that seeing as i threaded my spring compressor on second spring.. FML

And also picked up a bargain for 2 rear 225/45/R17s almost brand new for $25ea plus $30 fitted

Moving along nicely :p heres some pics

Rears now
attachment.php

Fronts currently
attachment.php

Tread
attachment.php

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Side view mate? Lol bet you'd be staring at space right about now haha

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Don't get wat u mean bud? Just finished puttin the fronts in lol never ever again. Will get full side pics tomos

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Nah fronts sit same as rears
In that recent pic, took me 3hrs to manual swap with compressors etc.. Il leave it to the pros next time and spend the $100 lol. How's ur vz sale going dij? Much interest?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Don't get wat u mean bud? Just finished puttin the fronts in lol never ever again. Will get full side pics tomos

like when you put the SL in the back and still had standard FE2 in front it would have looked like it was dumped in the a$$ with the driver staring into the sky haha