Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solar Industry "WHAT A CROC" !

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Hey, @VFSV6FORME what is your knowledge on vertical axis wind turbines?
What is your thoughts on efficiency?
Can the inverter take the AC input and pass it directly to the household? (Since it doesn't need 'inverting')
Or does the V.A.W.T need to be rectified and feed.to.a battery? And the recovered by the inverter for house usage?

I'm mostly thinking out aloud, but harnessing wind power in an urban setting, people are always saying it's too hard when I don't think that it should be.
Seems a logical and complementary addition to a standard PV system.
Haaa You give me a Idea, Maybe (joking) I can use my 3M Dish, face it to a preferred Satellite, get the signal whilst its spinning the disc to generate power as the generator is behind the disc then use the power. LOL.LOL.LOL.LOL.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hey, @VFSV6FORME what is your knowledge on vertical axis wind turbines?
What is your thoughts on efficiency?
Can the inverter take the AC input and pass it directly to the household? (Since it doesn't need 'inverting')
Or does the V.A.W.T need to be rectified and feed.to.a battery? And the recovered by the inverter for house usage?

I'm mostly thinking out aloud, but harnessing wind power in an urban setting, people are always saying it's too hard when I don't think that it should be.
Seems a logical and complementary addition to a standard PV system.

I’m not sure about the turbines themselves, but the inverter side is fairly easy. The SMS ‘SunnyBoy’ inverters shown n the opening posts can be reconfigured as ‘WindyBoys’ by changing a couple of parameters in the configuration (but it requires the use of the official programming tool). I’m not sure if SMA actually sold the WindyBoy version in Australia (as it had different approval requirements).

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Honestly I know nothing about Generating power by the wind. I say the bigger the fan the more you will generate via a good turbine but the issue will be neighbours whinging to the council about the size and possible the noise.
I Would say you will have some controller to use for the batteries if stored then you must have a inverter to give you 230V AC
Yeah, I just don't have a battery in my system.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I’m not sure about the turbines themselves, but the inverter side is fairly easy. The SMS ‘SunnyBoy’ inverters shown n the opening posts can be reconfigured as ‘WindyBoys’ by changing a couple of parameters in the configuration (but it requires the use of the official programming tool). I’m not sure if SMA actually sold the WindyBoy version in Australia (as it had different approval requirements).
Fronius Primo 5kw

8 panel's on the roof, most I've seen is 3250w at any one time.

I purposely upsized the inverter when ordering.