Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solomon Islands and China, Will this end up in Tears?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
A fair amount of US oil is relatively expensive to produce(fracking), when prices are high like now it's profitable to use those types of wells but when the price tanks it costs more than the price to get it out of the ground.
Yes it is more expensive than traditional oil. I’ve read that the break even for them was around $40 a barrel and that was back during the first fracking boom so it’s probably gotten cheaper since then. They are making massive profits at the moment.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
With the price of fuel so high, maybe they are setting up the ev sector to get a larger foot in the door, more quickly?
It’s not a conspiracy. Russian oil and gas has been pulled off the market leaving a supply shortfall. The other oil producers aren’t in a hurry to increase supply as they are happy making record profits.

Previously when oil prices were high the shale producers would pump like theres no tomorrow but OPEC put them in their place last time so they are probably reluctant to go hell for leather this time as I’m sure OPEC would smash them again with supply if they dared to marginalise OPEC again.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
In the mid 80s l asked a mate (who was uni educated. I dropped out beginning of 4 form, year 10?) question. What is a 3rd world country? His reply was any country below the equator.
Post Of The Day!!!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
In 2020, Australia was in the Top 20 global oil exporters, it all went to Singapore...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
In 2020, Australia was in the Top 20 global oil exporters, it all went to Singapore...
Apparently it’s more “efficient” to send our oil to Singapore to be refined and then bring it back here than for us to just refine it here like we used to!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Apparently it’s more “efficient” to send our oil to Singapore to be refined and then bring it back here than for us to just refine it here like we used to!
Of course!
The carbon footprint will be "lower" if we can just send it back and forth on a ship, so a developing nation under the WTO definitions can deal with the emissions. (small country with a low level of natural resources and a reliance on global trade). Me - I call it a wank.
I dunno how the books are arranged, but it will end up being "cheaper" and the tax treatment by Aust govco will be arranged to be better, particularly so under our new regime.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
More action on Chinese Satellites about China (Simplified Chinese) and the new base they will have at the Solomon Islands Cough.cough,Cough and very soon China and Russia will flex its muscle to show the world there are the only super power. I like to say more But cant, but remember this....... For me China does not want WAR but Russia is egging them on.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last night I was doing some Sat Monitoring and I notice China has its New Satellite (Chinasat 19) Spying on us, I bet the Fools that run this Country don't know this and I wont wast my time telling them because all they do is look down to me but I have reported it on this site. The good always die first and when they die you have nobody to contact from the Government.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plenty of small Satellites no doubt over Austrtalia controlled by the master.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
For the JC guys, Just imagine the Movie INDEPENDENCE Day, You have the Master Space Ship (Chinasat 19), You have the small slave (ships, small satellites) controlled be the master or A Ship and they are buzzing over Australia and yet we cant do anything about it. Just imagine if this was UNITED STATE OF AMERICA. and have all these small satellites buzzing over there land. I don't have to tell you what they did to the Chinese balloon.