Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Or Pioneer.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
I would have Pioneer over sony, if it was the only choice. Alpine is worth considering as well.

Unconnected

Reaction score
Members Ride
Impreza/Redline VF soon
a mate of mine has one of pioneers pro 2 slot touch screen jobbies in his car, its a great system, but its fairly slow and laggy to respond. not sure how much it cost, but he dropped 3k on his audio install. so might be expensive.

i was playing with some HU's in JB the other day, the alpines were the best, the pioneer, i didnt like the sonys.

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
FTR I use a older sony deck :)

Sony CDX CA 900

h158CA900X-fp.jpg

Its in my car because i like the display and the cd player wont skip even when bumping really hard. something the pioneer had troubles with. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFi5FLqEr4)

When i talk about pioneer, im talking about their 2004 line. I havnt tried any of the new stuff. Most of the people on Mobile Car Audio Australia have noise issues with Pioneer. I mean if you cant hear it, then your not running enough power :)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
FTR I use a older sony deck :)

Sony CDX CA 900

Its in my car because i like the display and the cd player wont skip even when bumping really hard. something the pioneer had troubles with. (YouTube - New 2008 Kicker Solo Baric L7 2000watts 1ohm on my boot)

When i talk about pioneer, im talking about their 2004 line. I havnt tried any of the new stuff. Most of the people on Mobile Car Audio Australia have noise issues with Pioneer. I mean if you cant hear it, then your not running enough power :)

Ive got an 04 model pioneer in the VT DEH-7650MP and havnt had any issues that ur talkin bout? appart from havin a blown internal fuse that was an easy fix as explained earlier.

Ive also got a DEH-P7950UB in the VP, i think 07 model mayb 08? and no issues there.

sounds more like an installer issue ur hearing bout?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Yeah, there's been no issues with Pioneer's and bumps in at least the last 8 years. If you had a problem, it must have been just your's.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
hey i dont know anything about car audio, but was just wondering wat everyones thoughts on kenwood are. i have a kenwood head unit installed in my car and are looking at upgrading the speakers soon, as most of you probably know the stock ones are shithouse

was just wondering about peoples thoughts on kenwood 6x9 speakers are, they are relativly cheap but are they any good

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Define 'good'. ;)

In the cheaper price bracket I don't think there's all that much difference between the offerings of pioneer, kenwood, sony, fusion etc. That being said I wouldn't touch any of em. Also I wouldnt mention the term '6x9' around here :whistling

In all seriousness I would look at spending say $150 on a set of jaycar splits or something similar to sit in the door pods of your vs, with tweeters in the dash. Later on you could add a small sub and a 4 channel amp pretty cheaply and have a very nice sounding budget system :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
hey i dont know anything about car audio, but was just wondering wat everyones thoughts on kenwood are. i have a kenwood head unit installed in my car and are looking at upgrading the speakers soon, as most of you probably know the stock ones are shithouse

was just wondering about peoples thoughts on kenwood 6x9 speakers are, they are relativly cheap but are they any good

You get what you pay for with any brand. There's absolutely no point in sticking all to one brand. Some brands do good speakers, other make good subs or amps ect... I have 6 different brands in my setup, each component being purchased based on it's price and performance, not it's brand.

Kenwoods range of 6x9 speakers is pretty lousy in terms of performance, easily being out gunned by many other brands. If your a die hard 6x9 fan, brands like Soundstream, JL, Boston just to mention a few, have a dedicated 6x9 range with a lot more to choose from.