Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sounds like SAND!!! VT Olympic

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hey guys,

When I start the engine of my folks VT Olympic it almost sounds like there is sand being rubbed against the metal in the cylinders (if that makes any sense). I checked the oil and it seems okay...What else could it be??

Also, it overheats quickly at random times (Could be stuck in traffic, could be doing 60 down the road) but then the temp goes back down quickly too. I've read in other posts that I might need a new radiator. Could the two issues be related?

Also thinking of getting my own VT soon and putting a bit of money into it :)

Thanks

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Air bubbles in the cooling system maybe. Try bleeding the air out.

vtanthony

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic edition 99 model
id be more worried about the heads going on it .i had the same prob but in the morn i would start it and it would idle rough for a min or 2 then be fine it was spitting water out the exhaust manifold and i couldnt see cause i was in the car at 5am in the morning.got it Co2 tested and found it had cracked heads .i went through all the tings you are new thermostat .wired the fans to constantly run .engine radiator flush and still nothing fixed it .