Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare "surf" key for VF

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
keysafes are awesome!! i find they are pretty secure dude, i just attach it to either one of the tow points under the car or if my tonnau is on just attch it to the tie down points in the tray. Better things to worry about like getting pitted then worrying about your key!!

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
keysafes are awesome!! i find they are pretty secure dude, i just attach it to either one of the tow points under the car or if my tonnau is on just attch it to the tie down points in the tray. Better things to worry about like getting pitted then worrying about your key!!

Thanks mate, i think you summed it up perfectly.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm not sure if it's available or not for the VF but what you are after is called a "service key" will lock and unlock the doors and also start the car. Other than the transponder for the immobilizer it has no internal electronics. Opening the doors with it may trigger the alarm but it will stop when you put it in the ignition.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
I'm not sure if it's available or not for the VF but what you are after is called a "service key" will lock and unlock the doors and also start the car. Other than the transponder for the immobilizer it has no internal electronics. Opening the doors with it may trigger the alarm but it will stop when you put it in the ignition.
Yeah thats what happened when i tried the spare key after locking my main key in the car (window down of course just in case)
Cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Then there is no way around it If you dont want the alarm going off.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Put a compartment in your board or get a girlfriend who dosn't surf ;)

cgbvfssvute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ssv ute m6
attaching to the tie down points is good but the key will still work in the keysafe. tiedown points are east to unscrew and therefore getting the key "within range". i have tried this and if my key is anywhere in front of my wheel arches (ute) say in a bag in my tray i can unlock and drive my car. i use a keysafe and lock it to a nearby fence or the like.

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
attaching to the tie down points is good but the key will still work in the keysafe. tiedown points are east to unscrew and therefore getting the key "within range". i have tried this and if my key is anywhere in front of my wheel arches (ute) say in a bag in my tray i can unlock and drive my car. i use a keysafe and lock it to a nearby fence or the like.

Thanks for the tip mate, but i have the SV6 which dosn't have the proximity key, you physically need it to unlock the door and start the car.
Also the wagon hasn't any tie down points (which i can see anyway) so i will attach the keysafe under the rear somewhere out of the way.
Thanks again.