Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spare "surf" key for VF

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Wouldnt use a key safe if you have keyless entry lmao

The trouble is i don't have much option, i can't seem to get a 100% answer if i can get a "door" only key cut, which is what i've done previously with other cars and is what i would prefer.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Tried removing battery from remote and seeing it works to just unlock or like my key, isnt so simple to remove battery?
There are blank shells and blanks on ebay for around $29
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Button...27?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item259551eb0f

MR Minit do Holden keys, ask them how much costs to get a key cut blade only.
They will only cut their blades and costs $33 from memory for my VX.
Even it if supplied same price.

I would envision VF be the same as most Holdens where the blade key will open and unlock/lock car and work in ignition but not start.

Doing the above, will give you a key, with no internals but cut though with a shell (if you wanted a shell)

Last edited:

Fozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Tried removing battery from remote and seeing it works to just unlock or like my key, isnt so simple to remove battery?
There are blank shells and blanks on ebay for around $29
4 Buttons Replaceme Flip KEY Blank Case Shell FOR Holden VF Commodore | eBay

MR Minit do Holden keys, ask them how much costs to get a key cut blade only.
They will only cut their blades and costs $33 from memory for my VX.
Even it if supplied same price.

I would envision VF be the same as most Holdens where the blade key will open and unlock/lock car and work in ignition but not start.

Doing the above, will give you a key, with no internals but cut though with a shell (if you wanted a shell)
Thanks so much mate, i'll look into that.
Cheers

VTSS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Manual
You can get the "service keys" from Holden, they are a special order through spare parts. They are something like $150. So it would be cheaper to go for the key safe idea.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
The trouble is i don't have much option, i can't seem to get a 100% answer if i can get a "door" only key cut, which is what i've done previously with other cars and is what i would prefer.

I think it'd be better/easier for you to get an old dedicated surf wagon, that way sandy feet and theft aren't a problem ;)