Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS LS1 Rear Mains Leak - how common?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series II Manual
Yep mongrel of a job without a hoist...if mine gets bad enough I'd rather pull engine out & do a bunch of mods like lifters,springs,front & rear seal + braided clutch line & bleeder

Rather not mess with it untill it's necessary.

Mongrel of a job is an understatement!!
There’s about a bees dick of space around the transmission and everything is damn heavy too!

I’ve done clutch changes for small fwd cars and 60s/70s cars so wasn’t completely going in blind, but old cars just have so much space to work around and little cars have lightweight boxes and clutches. Only good part about this car was being able to remove the transmission from the bell housing and being able
To use a transmission jack to drop the heavy ass transmission.

I cant believe how heavy even the pressure plate was!

100% can see why people pull the engine out! If I was keeping her I’d probably have done the same - but had to do the change for a roady. Certainly felt weird putting a used clutch back into the car!!

Also managed to find a strange brand clutch in there. Anyone ever heard of “Seco” clutches?!
They’re made in Korea!
Anyone know who sells them?
She had 2mm of depth to the rivets so pretty confident she’ll be alright for some time.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
well done mate, you saved yourself a packet i can tell you that much.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Series II Manual
well done mate, you saved yourself a packet i can tell you that much.

yeah cheers man. Was a real f**k around job but we got there. Cost 2 slabs and 2 rounds of pizza

mechanic quoted me $550+GST+parts so yeah $600 in my pocket