Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSVR Sportwagon MY17

Redlinewagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 - SSV Redline Sportwagon
IMG_0601.JPG

Well it's here.
Finally saw and touched her today.. all paperwork done.
Pick her up at 3pm tomorrow, now I'm starting to get very excited.... !

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
Well done waiting. Congrats. Have fun.........just not too much till it's run in.

I get mine in two weeks.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Thanks for the pics Al! I got the call from the Dealer yesterday that my LMF SS wagon arrives on the truck Monday but then to allow a couple of days for the extras to be fitted etc.

I will have the sports armour on the front but of course with the chrome highlights on the boggo SS wagon - I'm a bit apprehensive how this will look but yours gives me some idea. Number one priority for me is to protect the front lip. We have the sports armour on our black ed VF2 ute but the ute is phantom & the black ed doesn't have the chrome so no big deal.

I don't necessarily want to swap out the chrome for the black on the wagon though - I think the black would colour match (as with your Redline) better but at this stage I'm proud to keep the front stock boggo SS chrome (& not have the same as our black ed ute) - the black sports armour on the LMF to me clearly shows it is there for a purpose, function over form if you like, and so I've convinced myself that I will live with it at this stage. I won't have any bonnet/headlight protectors.

Your slimline rear plate also puts my mind to rest. I've had the front slimline plate on a number of Commodore sedans - to me a no-brainer so as not to unnecessarily obstruct air flow. We first went for the slimline rear plate (white lettering on black plate like yours) for our ute & again with the phantom paintwork that looks great. But I was apprehensive ordering the slimline plate for the rear of the LMF wagon - a couple of salesmen thought the standard plate might be the way to go. However I pictured the horizontal chrome strip above the plate matching the longer horizontal length of the slimline & so lifting it while maximising the LMF colour to be visible around the plate. I'm stoked after seeing yours!

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I've found the front bar gets a few stone chips anyway so if you want it pristine, you will need to respray it after a few years anyway and they look much cleaner without the armour stuck down there.
I'm in and out of customers driveways all day and haven't scraped it yet, you just have to be careful. It's a better design than the BF turbo I had which managed to scrape everywhere even at standard height.