Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Steering wheel vibrates when braking

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I get hit up with the same items every service, Cabin air filter, throttle body (power steering fluid on the E3), unless I book it in with one specific service advisor. He writes "No upsell" on the job card and they stop asking me. He said it's all bout their system If that dealer hasn't performed the proceedures, then they are deemed to be in need, regardless of the actual condition of the parts.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I get hit up with the same items every service, Cabin air filter, throttle body (power steering fluid on the E3), unless I book it in with one specific service advisor. He writes "No upsell" on the job card and they stop asking me. He said it's all bout their system If that dealer hasn't performed the proceedures, then they are deemed to be in need, regardless of the actual condition of the parts.

In my case they were saying my cabin filter was really dirty and wipers were leaving marks on the windscreen...
Total bs and blatant lies...
It probably works with most people so they just keep doing it...

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
And that is why I do my own maintenance and work.

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
Ok. I'll try pushing Holden Customer Care to cover the cost of the work when I contact them next wk. I'm going to push the low km/your own mechanics think they should be covered line hard.
Anything else you think I should mention to improve my case......?
Also, any suggestions of good brake and tyre places South of River Perth Metro, to get second opinion.....?
Cheers

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Prefer not to on public forum but it is in Sydney
Understand your reluctance Ron, I got told off when naming a dealer in WA who treated me like a ****** on this forum years ago.
As long as your dealer is Southern Sydney, they will be nowhere near me. My local at Northern Beaches is surprisingly not that bad.

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
Ok. I've referred the matter to Holden Customer Care this morning.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Understand your reluctance Ron, I got told off when naming a dealer in WA who treated me like a ****** on this forum years ago.
As long as your dealer is Southern Sydney, they will be nowhere near me. My local at Northern Beaches is surprisingly not that bad.
Easily open yourself up to a defamation lawsuit.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Easily open yourself up to a defamation lawsuit.
If your views are based on definable and provable experiences, that is fact, then you’d be fine expressing and stating your opinions.

Still, you being correct is irrelevant if a company in the wrong wants to make a point of bankrupting you just to send a message not to mess with them. So yes, making public statements on forums can open your up to a world of hurt.